• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

TimF

Forum Donor
Astor Piazzolla - Tango: Zero Hour

%C3%81stor_Piazzolla_And_The_New_Tango_Quintet_-_1986_-_Tango_-_Zero_Hour.jpg
I saw Piazzolla perform live twice. Hip.

TimF

Forum Donor
Thelonious Monk - Live at the It Club

51%2BKzm3Xb-L.jpg

I think I like this one...

I don't know what to recommend - I go through my collection one at a time, rather randomly, until everything gets played again (or I just decide to start over), so I'm less than intimately familiar with things that I've acquired over the last few years. It can be months before I do a restart.

A reasonable review...

I'd avoid big band or orchestral efforts, he's better in a more intimate setting.

A reasonable Documentary...
live at the it club put out by mosaic.

TimF

Forum Donor
Guess I'll punch up one of my usual Thurs night review of,
Live From Daryls' House.
Tonight's guest was a young lady from Brisbane Australia
Grace Sewell
She has a lovely strong voice and sings in a modernized R&B-Soul type of style.
I found her original material to have a bit of a choppy rhythm to it that I found personally
a bit hard to follow, but that's just me. She did a cover of the old Lesley Gore super hit
You Don't Own Me which lets her show off her vocal chops a bit better.
In my YouTube search for a video I also ran across a clip of Lesley Gore doing the song that is a bit unusual in that she is actually doing a live performance instead of lip-syncing the record which was par for the course in the early 60s. That girl could really sing too and excites a lot of lost back seat memories from the day. ;)
Yes Leslie Gore was good with You Don't Own Me, but the version by Klaus Nomi is ten times more fun.

Top Bottom