• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

North_Sky

Major Contributor

CtheArgie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I keep returning to her (that tune). It must strike a good chord in me because it makes me feel very @ ease, peacefully relaxing, calmly floating, living free, healthy, happy, strong, caring, unshakable in spirit and soul (mind).

What does it do to you? The music only, the tempo, the voice, the lyrics, without pictures ...

You should look for a recording called "Será una Noche" from M.A. Recordings. Spectacular sound and fascinating interpretations of tango.

murraycamp

Forum Donor
1600974849071.png

bbfoto

Longtime Lurker, but first post. I admit I didn't peruse the entire thread yet, so I apologize if this has already been posted. But if you enjoy jazz standards mixed with some originals, and female jazz vocals, this is worth a listen. EXCELLENT recording.

Steph Johnson Trio - Nature Girl (album)

Entire album playlist on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM4qh2eOPR9wVrjuB-OHt4RNn449c-Vd_

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Longtime Lurker, but first post. I admit I didn't peruse the entire thread yet, so I apologize if this has already been posted. But if you enjoy jazz standards mixed with some originals, and female jazz vocals, this is worth a listen. EXCELLENT recording.

Steph Johnson Trio - Nature Girl (album)

Entire album playlist on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM4qh2eOPR9wVrjuB-OHt4RNn449c-Vd_
Welcome you've started in the best thread :D. One day I plan to undertake the mammoth task of going through this thread from the start too.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
With all the data, history, origin, influence, format, serial number, best sale price, remastering, analog, digital, which country, producer, mixer, engineer, date, musicians, label, microphones, Amazon, ...

North_Sky

Major Contributor
You should look for a recording called "Será una Noche" from M.A. Recordings. Spectacular sound and fascinating interpretations of tango.

This one?

I think I already have. You have great taste; the music is top notch and the recording high tempo (class capturing).
_____

aavv-sera-una-noche.jpg

kPKvntnAB6Dt20vP1TF1JPYgsdWEB7puwMNJMX16VOJ9ME1n4peWev6lUREBs-m-gHq4jQp5YEB6C0A9IjF0mL-sUr2z67WYj3vsTgYHRNSpMPk0-YCpmiUWjTWxOirchqLSU0syt7-6-ZvxENYt6J62YR1VGEWlJw4FPaOm41xVN_qElFJ5ZmUoe70MFN1PUbcdR6T2GKj_Fyurz32P7B5UtbMULcMxxpISshpr57A-62hEr4i2x7hL338wpzOJkqLrd0dZDppVwyO30pfIjoTL95kF0ei0ScMxVzzNKV5jaw

Last edited:

bbfoto

When you do, could you please catalog all of the songs, with links to videos when possible, in a sortable spreadsheet? :D:D:D

Ha! Sounds like heaps of fun to me...

Errr, not really!

Here's one more that I always use as one of my go-to loudspeaker "torture test" tracks for Impact/Soundstage/Mid-bass/Deep Bass.

"Dub In A Time Of Cholera" from Dub Colossus' "Dub Me Tender, Vol. 1+2" album. It's a Reggae Dub track with heaps of impact and imaging.

It opens with some powerful drums that image across the stage and with resonance in the room or space around them, then reverby electric guitar, and tambourine, then DEEP bass guitar, synth bass, then progresses to a horn section, and lots of percussion elements across the width and depth of the stage...guiro, cowbell, wood block, and several shakers. IMO it's a fun track. YMMV...

The following might be something you won't listen to on a regular basis, but Lhasa De Sela's, My Name, from The Living Road album has phenomenal bass and midbass that has real air, space, and imaging...i.e. you can hear the size of the room and locate the bass information within the room.

Partway into the track there is all sorts of percussion (both bass/midbass and chimes/bells) that has excellent imaging, both Left and Right all across and high in the room, and DEPTH way beyond the speakers to the Left & Right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom