• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

simbloke

Forum Donor
dire-straits-love-over-gold-1024x1024.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The BBB Featuring Bernie Dresel - Bern Bern Bern (MCH BR LPCM 5.1 96k )
Just got the BluRay from Bernie's website today, it floored me!
The SQ of the recording is first class, maybe because Bernie is the drummer but the drum sound in great, the brass shimmer of the cymbals is near the best I've ever heard. The immersive soundspace of the Native Auro 3D recording is impressive, I only have a couple Native Auro 3D music recordings but this one has killed them and along with the Atmos ones I've heard. This despite the fact that my overhead ceiling speakers are positioned in the traditional 4 speaker Atmos layout.
Beyond the technology and recording tricks, the music is wonderful. Big Band style with lot's of horns and I'm a horny kind of guy.
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
:p And just a tiny taste of modern techno-jazz mixed in.
I can't recommend this recording highly enough, and at $30 for the BluRay direct from Bernie it's a steal. A couple bucks more if you want a personally signed one.
https://www.berniedresel.com/
folder.png

onofno

0010.gif

Year 1987
George Harrison: Voice & Guitar
Eric Clapton: Guitar
Jeff Lyne: Guitar
Phil Collins: Drums
Ringo Starr: Drums
Ray Cooper: Percussion
Mark King: Bass