• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I get what you are saying, I suppose the question could be can we separate an artist's moral/religious views/auctions (past and present) from there music if we find them repugnant?

There are a lot of Artists from the past that have produced music that I love but have subsequently found there views/actions quite hypocritical, should we stop listening to there music?
Thats a good question. There are people who don't listen to Cat Stevens anymore because the intro from his world hit "Morning has broken" was written by Rick wakeman (ex Yes keybord player) Stevens never mentiond Wakeman for that or gave him any credits. Ha ha for me a step to far.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
Aussie 1973.

Wombat

Master Contributor
I get what you are saying, I suppose the question could be can we separate an artist's moral/religious views/auctions (past and present) from there music if we find them repugnant?

There are a lot of Artists from the past that have produced music that I love but have subsequently found there views/actions quite hypocritical, should we stop listening to there music?

I found his degree of hypocrisy repugnant. Condoning assassination on fanatical religious grounds doesn't cut it with me. My choice.

Wombat

Master Contributor

Personal judgement.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Last edited:

Djsedaw

Thats a good question. There are people who don't listen to Cat Stevens anymore because the intro from his world hit "Morning has broken" was written by Rick wakeman (ex Yes keybord player) Stevens never mentiond Wakeman for that or gave him any credits. Ha ha for me a step to far.

from wiki
In 2000, Wakeman released an instrumental version of "Morning Has Broken" on an album of the same title. That same year he gave an interview on BBC Radio 5 Live in which he said he had agreed to perform on the Cat Stevens track for £10 and was "shattered" that he was omitted from the credits, adding that he never received the money either.

On his return to performance as Yusuf Islam, Stevens made a payment to Wakeman and apologized for the original non-payment, which he said arose from confusion and a misunderstanding on the record label's part. On a documentary aired on British television Wakeman stated that he felt Stevens's version of "Morning Has Broken" was a very beautiful piece of music that had brought people closer to religious truth. He expressed satisfaction in having contributed to this

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanx
from wiki
In 2000, Wakeman released an instrumental version of "Morning Has Broken" on an album of the same title. That same year he gave an interview on BBC Radio 5 Live in which he said he had agreed to perform on the Cat Stevens track for £10 and was "shattered" that he was omitted from the credits, adding that he never received the money either.

On his return to performance as Yusuf Islam, Stevens made a payment to Wakeman and apologized for the original non-payment, which he said arose from confusion and a misunderstanding on the record label's part. On a documentary aired on British television Wakeman stated that he felt Stevens's version of "Morning Has Broken" was a very beautiful piece of music that had brought people closer to religious truth. He expressed satisfaction in having contributed to this
Thanx for the update.

Andolink

J.S. Bach: ‘Erwünschtes Freudenlicht’, BWV 184

Milnes-E-C06a[Atma-SACD].jpg

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Over the past few months I’ve been rediscovering a bunch of Telarc classical recordings I’ve owned for years but hadn’t listened to for a long time. Well recorded, and some really great performances. If you’re not a hardcore classical music fan, I would start here:

Reactions: JPA
Top Bottom