• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Mad Season - Artificial Red (Live at the Moore, Seattle, 1995)​

KJohnM

robwpdx

I just saw cellist Zoe Keating. She was a tech professional who came up through the rock strings movement. One of her first tours was second bill to then playing with Rasputina.

She has been a looping artist for a long time, allowing a polyphonic one person performance. Looping by its nature falls into a minimalist sound, think Terry Riley's seminal In C, Phillip Glass, Steve Reich, and others.

I met her when she lived in Portland and played with Brede Rorstad's Music Population Project. He was a Lewis and Clark College composition major.

The show was in an about 500 person hard wall former movie theater with a shallow balcony. Concrete floor, plaster walls, wood backed theater seats, and plaster ceiling. I was in about the 5th row, so getting the cello sound direct.

During the pandemic she did some movie sound tracks which will be independently released.

https://zoekeating.com/

dfuller

Major Contributor
Quite possibly the scariest bluegrass band I've ever seen. How the hell do you top Bela Fleck, Billy Strings, and Chris effing Thile on the same record?

Chesapeake HT

IMG_6564.jpeg

Top Bottom