• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Multicore

Major Contributor
Irvine Arditti plays the Freeman Études by John Cage on the old Mode CD release. Arditti is such a badass.

Amazon Music 2023-01-24 13.22.18.png

NakEnthusiast51

Recent acquisition, the 'Thorens 125th Anniversary' album set (three 33 1/3 vinyls) .

Smooth and celebratory of musicians of the past .....

Thorens vinyl view.jpg

"Thorens celebrates 125 years of business with the finest LP sampler ever assembled. The music was handpicked by Acoustic Sounds CEO Chad Kassem and the classical side by the team at Reference Recordings. Every song meets the criteria of excellent performance, perfect recording and flawless mastering. What better way to celebrate such a monumental anniversary for one of the absolute leading brands in analog high fidelity than with this to-die-for LP sampler? Track Listings Side 1 - FEMALE VOCAL Show Biz Kids - Rickie Lee Jones Nobody?s Buying - Nancy Bryan Angel from Montgomery - Susan Tedeschi The Spider and the Fly - Myra Taylor Low Spark of High Heeled Boys - Rickie Lee Jones Side 2 - CLASSICAL Rimsky-Korsakov: Dance of the Tumblers, from The Snow Maiden Mozart: Piano Concerto #21 in C, K. 467 ? Andante Jack End: Blues for a Killed Cat Stravinsky: The Firebird Suite, 1919 ? Finale Side 3 - BLUES Driving Wheel - Little Hatch You Had Quit Me - Wild Child Butler I?ll Be Around - Jimmie Lee Robinson Last Night - Eomot RaSun Walking Thru the Park - Big George Brock The Sun is Shining - Harry Hypolite Side 4 - RHYTHM & BLUES I?ll Take You There - The Staple Singers Theme from Shaft - Isaac Hayes Mr. Big Stuff - Jean Knight Rock Me Right - Susan Tedeschi Just Won?t Burn - Susan Tedeschi Side 5 - JAZZ Sounds Unheard Of (Poinciana) - Shelly Manne The Alternate Blues (alternate one) - Clark Terry, Freddie Hubbard, Dizzy Gillespie September Song - Chet Baker My Foolish Heart - Bill Evans ?Round Midnight - Wes Montgomery Side 6 - JAZZ Abangoma - Hugh Masekela Stimela -Hugh Masekela"

I found this package of vinyls in very good shape, at the local St Vinny's used items store. Jaw dropping find for me during Oct 2022 .

Playbacks superbly on my Thorens and Marantz audio gear .....

Cheers & Peace !!!

FlyingFreak

Whatever I listen to for a while, I keep falling back on classic jazz piece and ambient minimal electro stuffs.

At the moment:

Duckeenie

The tinnitus thread inspired encouraged me to play this track from one of my favourite bands at the moment.

Top Bottom