• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

oceansize

Forum Donor
@Martin Takamine - I wish I could listen to half a dozen songs in 2 minutes, it'd help me catch up on this massive backlog of CDs and LPs I've bought!

Martin Takamine

@Martin Takamine - I wish I could listen to half a dozen songs in 2 minutes, it'd help me catch up on this massive backlog of CDs and LPs I've bought!

Actually was listening to these songs as well as many others the past few hours while doing a large scanning project. Notepad is a useful tool to gather the song info and post when changing scanning format. But you go on being snarky if it gets you through the day.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Internet radio 1.FM Adore Jazz, lovely music and how much internet radio has improved. Just a point on how much sound quality can vary from station to station. 1,FM Adore Jazz broadcasts MP3 192kbs and the sound is pretty good yet tuning to many other stations broadcasting MP3 192kbs and the reproduction is nowhere near as good.
Any ideas?

oceansize

Forum Donor
Internet radio 1.FM Adore Jazz, lovely music and how much internet radio has improved. Just a point on how much sound quality can vary from station to station. 1,FM Adore Jazz broadcasts MP3 192kbs and the sound is pretty good yet tuning to many other stations broadcasting MP3 192kbs and the reproduction is nowhere near as good.
Any ideas?
"Dense" music requires more from the encoding and loses more/is more likely to produce unwanted artefacts compared to say a jazz trio or quartet.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I guess most of you WATCH your music.
No, never. It's all files on a NAS and I just play them from the server directly to the amp. But I use YouTube when I want to share here and I do it just to try and find kindred spirit. To share the music.

Top Bottom