• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The+John+Butler+Trio+-+Sunrise+Over+Sea-202206955.jpg
Screenshot_20221202_091059.png

John Butler Trio, "Sunrise Over Sea": YouTube playlist, full album.
Solid guitar work, mostly acoustic slide & banjo, and song writing from Australia. Early work, still going strong down under.

Last edited:

tomelex

Forum Donor
chaka khan aint nobody

tomelex

Forum Donor
From HAIR, Aquarius

Last edited:

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
Tumbling dice (Live at the Mocambo - Rolling Stones)

Waxx

Major Contributor
Probally unkown to most of you, but this is one of the big revolutionairy tunes, essential in the development of modern bass driven music like UK dub, dubstep, jungle, dnb and so on. It's also a big influence in all electronic dance music.

It's a dubplate remix (unique remix for one dj) of an song called "Beware" by the jamaican reggaeband Creole, made in 1975 for the legendaric jamaican/british soundsystem (dj) Jah Shaka, the godfather of electronic dub. This tune is remixed a zillion times in the meantime, but this is the original music that started that bass driven music. There was a lot of dub made before (since 1968) but none hit this hard as this dubplate remix and made such an impact on modern music. The dubplate was released for the public 20 years later only. Until then you could only hear it when Jah Shaka played.

Waxx

Major Contributor
If you're not ADHD, this will probally give you a stroke. But this is music i partied on from time to time when i was in my 20's... And with the only drugs in my vains being weed.

Listen at your own risk.

Top Bottom