• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1669564578698.png

OK, I am going to admit to a guilt!
I downloaded the above, just to see what it was like.
I never cheat classical musicians out of royalty, god knows it is hard enough.
The file I downloaded says 24/192, and it is. It also says it is from Qubuz.
Resampling it to 96kHz, gets rid of the noise.
There is a very high HF tone at about 50K+ kHz. There are some pops and clicks, that hints at it being an LP rip, but surface noise is almost non-existent.
BUT . . . .
What a recording! What a rendition! I got hairs standing at the back of my neck.
If this is truly an LP rip, I am dying to know what playback equipment was used.
The sound is magnificent, lush, detailed and three-dimensional.
Excellent.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have no idea how, where and when; but when I saw the post with the artist named Brian Auger, my knee jerk reaction was to blurt out "...and the Oblivion Express".
I don't know how I knew that...:oops: I may have had the LP at one point but that decade is fuzzy in my memory.
What was there chart-busting song way back then???

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Like the Weeknd, here is another newer generation of AltMusic group who seems have issues with vowel usage!
I like this one >> YungBluds - the Funeral
EDIT/ADD:
*Talk - Runaway to Mars [2021]
*Vance joy - Clarity [2022]

Not that I got much use for any music videos; which seem to dilute the audio... since I was part of the pre-MTV generation << IMHO.

Last edited:

napfkuchen

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have no idea how, where and when; but when I saw the post with the artist named Brian Auger, my knee jerk reaction was to blurt out "...and the Oblivion Express".
I don't know how I knew that...:oops: I may have had the LP at one point but that decade is fuzzy in my memory.
What was there chart-busting song way back then???
I dunno there are so many good songs and keyboard action with Brian Auger. I like his earlier stuff when he was collaborating in jazz fusion with Billy Cobham. Brian has been belting out keyboard licks for 40 or 50+ years and has not seemed to slow down. He's a true life long musician.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Buddy Holly - Love is Strange [1969]
From <
>

Mickey & Sylvia - Love is Strange- The real thing (LoQ) [1956]
From <
>

Mickey & Sylvia - Love Is Strange (from movie "Dirty Dancing") [1987]
From <
>

The CountdownSingers - Love Is Strange (from movie "Men in Black 3" K-Group?) [2012]
From <
>

Bonus:
BuddyHolly & The Crickets -Maybe Baby [1957]
From <
>

Top Bottom