• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Ultimate Collection by The Carpenters, in some peoples eyes the epitome of 70's easy listening muzak, in my opinion purveyors of wonderful music which benefited from superb musical arrangements and vocals delivered by one of the all time great singers of popular music. At their (frequent) best there was something rather unusual in their recordings, as they were crafted to perfection and everything about their performances was polished with precision, yet they did not sound sterile or lacking in emotion. To combine that sense of perfection with emotional depth takes an awful lot of skill I think. I don't care what anybody say's, to me the music of the Carpenters fully deserves to be called "great". Karen Carpenter's tragic early death was a great loss to music.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can listen forever to this track. Sort of guilty pleasure. Lo-Fi from Weast at it's best.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Delightful soundtrack to the movie, Je vous souhaite d'être follement aimée by Ibrahim Maalouf. Tidal stream:

1546370226950.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
That cracked me up!

Somehow reminded me of some early beta Network Management Software that Tokyo sent us long ago. It was all in Day-Glo colors.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Enjoying the new album Open Heart Story from the great contemporary classical Australian composer, Luke Howard:

1546571473376.png

As noted, Tidal MQA streaming at 96 kHz (base band at 48 kHz).

Ceburaska

Forum Donor

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Three "warhorses" by Tchaikovsky this evening, listening to the stereo SACD layer from my Denon DVD-2910>JDS Labs Atom>KEF Space One. Wonderful performances, beautifully recorded, currently edging out my Karajan versions (I have every stereo recording Karajan did of these symphonies--I feel Karajan was glorious and rarely matched with Tchaikovsky and R. Strauss, but variable with other composers YMMV of course!).

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Symphonies 4, 5, & 6
Christian Lindberg/Arctic Philharmonic

Arctic a.jpg
Arctic b.jpg

Top Bottom