• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

D

Deleted member 65

Anna von Hausswolff performs "Courage" at the Nobel Banquet 2018

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Good ol' Anna von Hausswolff. Dead Magic has been one of the better albums this year. I considered giving an old friend this, the new Soap&Skin and the new Julia Holter as a birthday present, but then realized that this combination would give even yours truly a headache and thus probably be a bit too much altogether, not to mention the issues with exploding Hipster-O-Meters(R). ;)

My current choice is a bit more chill...
Wilsen - I Go Missing in My Sleep (2017)
It's calm, poetic folk with electronic and post-rock touches that might appeal to, say, those who like Suzanne Vega. Quite nocturnal and probably best played at no more than medium volume. A good one for an insomnia playlist.

graz_lag

Major Contributor
1544910045950.png
Carey Bell & Lurrie Bell - "Brought Up The Hard Way" - JSP Records

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Still insanely creative for its use of Indian instruments in a format palatable to Western pop and expression of the spirituality of another culture.

D

Deleted member 2944

It seems I find myself listening to this often.......and again now.

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
I'm sure this playlist has been posted before but...

https://tidal.com/playlist/79a604e1-3de3-478b-a4ad-ebce202cde19

TIDAL Masters: 2L Highlights, Vol. 1
With 28 American GRAMMY-nominations to their name since 2006, 2L is one of the main record labels to turn to for supreme sound quality. 2L emphasize on surround sound with Pure Audio Blu-ray and HiRes
file distribution, and they've been in the forefront delivering MQA files to TIDAL. We've asked head honcho Morten Lindberg for his personal favorites. Enjoy these hand picked nuggets in MQA

Edit: Also Andy Shauf's albums are intense and well engineered, love them

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
60 years later my paesano Dion DiMucci is still rockin, (he'll be 80 this summer, how the fu-k can that be???) :eek:
Great album, Cent' Anni Dion.
Dion - New York Is My Home

Top Bottom