• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
I have no idea how, where and when; but when I saw the post with the artist named Brian Auger, my knee jerk reaction was to blurt out "...and the Oblivion Express".
I don't know how I knew that...:oops: I may have had the LP at one point but that decade is fuzzy in my memory.
What was there chart-busting song way back then???
It might have been "Bumpin' On Sunset"

Last edited:

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
50th year anniversary of SteelyDan releasing "Can't Buy a Thrill"... that alone should be worth listening to a whole SteelyDan album.
Nevermind how badly RollingStone trashed Fagen/Becker during the release of their original album. :mad:
Intentionaly, no link << U-Pic'em but do crank it up a bit...:)

jcarys

I recently read a NYT piece about an anechoic chamber that is about a mile away from my house in Minneapolis. The facility also has the recording gear from the Sound 80 studio. One of their earliest digital recordings was from the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra and Dennis Russell Davies. It won the 1981 Grammy for Best Engineered Classical Recording. So I just got a CD delivered to hear it. It's on ProArte from 1984. I've probably seen the disc in the shops and never thought much about it. The Copland Appalachian Spring is a chamber group original, not the full orchestration that came later. Because of that, it's a very lean, revealing recording, with an absolutely quiet background that was probably a stand out in the early 80s. Also the Short Symphony and Ives' Third. I will be visiting the chamber and studio later in the winter for a "fun" day out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom