• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

mglobe

Forum Donor
48 year old survivor record.

F1993B77-F558-414C-A4EF-802F87676401.jpeg

DanielT

Major Contributor
Last edited:

DSJR

Major Contributor
48 year old survivor record.

View attachment 218854
Dealer hat on -

PLEASE play your turntable with lid OFF COMPLETELY. Rega's feed back terribly with lid up like that and the bass reproduction will thank you for it long before the dreaded 'howl-round' sets in. - This is first hand personal experience as a now retired Rega dealer over some decades :)

Dealer hat off -

DSJR

Major Contributor
I love the two Tonto's Expanding Headband albums and two tracks are all time favourites, this one and Riversong. As the latter really needs a certain mindset for it to flow within and without, I'll suggest this one instead for casual listening. Too damned hot so perfect for chilling -

mglobe

Forum Donor
Dealer hat on -

PLEASE play your turntable with lid OFF COMPLETELY. Rega's feed back terribly with lid up like that and the bass reproduction will thank you for it long before the dreaded 'howl-round' sets in. - This is first hand personal experience as a now retired Rega dealer over some decades :)

Dealer hat off -
Thanks for the heads up. How about lid down? We have cats. Lots of effing cats, so it has to be covered when not in use, and the cover has to be covered. :rolleyes:

DSJR

Major Contributor
Thanks for the heads up. How about lid down? We have cats. Lots of effing cats, so it has to be covered when not in use, and the cover has to be covered. :rolleyes:
Only when playing is my main recommendation. Of course you need a dust cover when not in use (I love Nottingham Analogue decks dearly, but they're an effin' dust trap after a few years' use, cats or not - bless 'em). If that's difficult, then lid down when playing is the standby option.

I visited my local audio salon and they were demming a tasty looking Planar 2 in red on one of their foo gear-racks and with the lid up (they sell seriously expensive gear and are Linn dealers too, but I'm from the old 70's school where certain ways of doing things were drummed into me, so apologies). Just lightly tapping the to pof the rack caused nasty bass booming thumps as did tapping the deck plate. I swear taking the lid off would have helped no end, but I was only a now very occasional visitor and not doing the dem.

DSJR

Major Contributor
I'm regressing to late 1974 and losing my 'audio virginity' at the hands of this old track played LOUDLY via master copy on an adapted (for levels) Revox A77 III, Crown IC-150/DC300A into IMF Professional TL's and Crown electrostatic hybrid speakerss - shook the building to its very foundations it did :D

The link below is the better 'bassier' mastering more as i remember (the original Spoon-label CD sounds thin, compressed and 'un-Dolby'd to me), but the old two track analogue original really shows now in the crunchy over-modulated 'analogue' bass tones - I still love it half a century on - now where's that 'black dope' Damo's singing about? :D

Katji

Major Contributor
Nice radio...

1658322353217.png

RADIO ELECTRONICA was one of the first independent radio programmes to go on air in Jena in 1999. The background was to bring colour into the dreary Thuringian radio programme and to create a platform where regional and national artists from the electronic music scene could present themselves and exchange ideas.

The show quickly developed from the first pre-productions to a live broadcast, which can be heard every four weeks on Saturdays from 7pm to midnight on the open channel Jena on UKW 103.4 Mhz and via online stream (radio-okj.de/wp-content/themes/…kj/okj-player.html).

With a steadily growing fan base, RADIO ELECTRONICA is still a firm institution in the field of electronic music in Jena and beyond the city limits. Besides the latest scene trends and record presentations, studio guests are a big part of the show.

artworks-KBnSXVhQFzsy8koF-jWZqrw-t500x500.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/radioelectronicajena%2Fre-2022-07-02-bajazo-maxceasar-nima

Top Bottom