• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

eriksson

Forum Donor
I listen to most anything except dog died, truck died, wife left me and I'm drinking whisky country music and opera. :D
I hope you keep at it. Some more and with plenty of luck, I might experience time warp into the past. It would be fun to be 16 again!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope you keep at it. Some more and with plenty of luck, I might experience time warp into the past. It would be fun to be 16 again!
Oh there's tonnes of music videos posted by me in this thread. Maybe too many. :D

eriksson

Forum Donor
Ode To Billie Joe · Halie Loren
Heard this on some Deezer created playlist. Didn't like it. The night after I woke up with he song playing in my head. Never happened before, a bit weird. Took me ages to find it again since I wasn't paying attention to the playlist.

Listening to it again I tend to agree with my subconscious mind. Great performance.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok, If I have to wear diapers tomorrow we know what happened. I surfed all of it! :rolleyes:
I attempted surfin the complete ~450 pages at some time months ago and I gave up from the sheer volume of the amount of songs posted in this thread. :D

eriksson

Forum Donor
If I understand correctly Natalia Tsarikova is educated and trained Russian opera singer, but don't take my word for it. She has covers of some semi popular songs on youtube, this one being most popular. She certainly has great pipes.

But after checking out her videos I like this one best. Here she is in her element singing in her own language. Not sure what to call it, love song or lullaby.
"Мы разбиваемся" - Земфира ( cover by Natalia Tsarikova)

eriksson

Forum Donor
The second video is OK. In the first video, I can hardly hear her. All the loud low-frequency .... stuff .... going on drowns out her voice. IMO, either she should have been mixed 10dB higher, or lower frequencies should have been mixed 10dB lower.

Also seems to be heavily compressed. Jim
Agree: It seems she is creating these videos from her home "studio". Would love to hear what she could do with more challenging songs and professional production.

eriksson

Forum Donor
Some Nordic group creating "Viking" music. I think they are way off and a bit hilarious. Still this isn't too bad and fun to watch and listen to.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The piano player seems to have some Thelonious Monk influence. Maybe just a little. :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Some Nordic group creating "Viking" music. I think they are way off and a bit hilarious. Still this isn't too bad and fun to watch and listen to.
Very original. I have this bookmarked and have heard it before. I listen to it from time to time. :D

eriksson

Forum Donor
Sadly, this one works best above 100db SPL currently not feasible for me. When I was in University I blasted this out of my balcony with my AR SRT 330 - in celebration for the neighborhood to enjoy after I passed some nasty engineering tests. Feels like yesterday but decades have passed. For some strange reason I have yet to fathom, the neighbourhood wasn't too happy. Got some negative feedback ( of the negative sort for you electronic gurus)

Last edited:
Top Bottom