• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

mugbot

Forum Donor
Loving the Avalanches new album, particularly this track:

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So much interesting music here!

For those of you listening to post-hardcore as well I recommend to listen to the album "While a nation sleeps" of Boysetsfire.
Not because of the sound quality (ok to mediocre) but because of the music and attitude.

Saw the leadsinger Nathan Gray solo with Band performing his new Album "Working Title" last December. I hope, he will be on tour again next year: it was a marvelous evening. For those who prefer reading first before giving it a try, I found a review in English worth reading (at least I hope so: English is not my mother tongue).

Stay healthy everybody!!!

murraycamp

Forum Donor
1608224964694.png

Katji

Major Contributor
Featuring car wash chain owned by honourable member of local avforums. Over 2 million views in 3 weeks.
Car wash has become a thing. Car wash, shisanyama [AKA braaivleis AKA barbecue], beer sales, music,...way to go.
cool.gif

@StefaanE ;)

StefaanE

Forum Donor
Beethoven’s quartet op. 127 on the Berliner Philharmoniker’s Digital Concert Hall.

StefaanE

Forum Donor
Beethoven’s quartet op. 130.

StefaanE

Forum Donor
In the Digital Concert Hall, we’re at Beethoven’s op. 131 now.

StefaanE

Forum Donor
And now the Große Fuge.
All extremely well played. I like having the image, but somehow it detracts from the spatiality of the sound.

StefaanE

Forum Donor
We’re now at op.132, my favourite.

StefaanE

Forum Donor
And finally Beethoven’s last quartet op.135. The fourth movement is called “Der schwer gefaßte Entschluß" (the difficult decision). The first slow part is subtitled "Muss es sein?" (does it have to be), the following Allegro is subtitled "Es muss sein!" (it has to be). The presenter (violinist Philipp Bohnen) mentioned that these markings do not have a deep spiritual meaning, but are a humorous reference to the reaction of the businessman asking Beethoven for the price of a quartet (50 ducats, quite a substantial amount in those days) and Beethoven’s reply. Obviously, Mr Wolfmayer paid the bill, as the quartet is dedicated to him.

StefaanE

Forum Donor
Featuring car wash chain owned by honourable member of local avforums. Over 2 million views in 3 weeks.
Car wash has become a thing. Car wash, shisanyama [AKA braaivleis AKA barbecue], beer sales, music,...way to go.
cool.gif

@StefaanE ;)
Boerewors, South Beach, a manual car wash... What is there not to like (but where’s the stywe pap, mate?). BTW, are you a Castle or a Lion man, or have these brands disappeared in SAB’s conquest of the world?

Top Bottom