• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They pull that trick around the 4 minute mark when your attention has to pull back to the sound and by glory, its ace.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With all the talk of Hamilton coming out on Disney+, I decided to rewatch some of my favorite broadway performances; while there are studio recordings, sometimes audio only just doesn’t do it justice, and while the audio quality is poor, this audience recording of Cynthia Erivo performing “I’m Here“ from The Color Purple is just amazing:

Her vocal dynamics are just insane as well.

chaking

Forum Donor
Listening while working with a pair of Adam T5Vs and an Adam T10S at my desk trying to get an impossible amount of work done before Friday - only relief in 14 hour days all week is these evenings getting to turn on my monitors and not being bugged every 5 minutes by the team :) When the work feels too much, the music melts it away... ahh

String Quartet No. 12 in F major, Op. 96, "American": II. Lento
Vlach Quartet Prague

- Fell into this recently and haven't been able to stop listening - takes me somewhere else

Beethoven: Triple Concerto in C Major, Op. 56 - 2. Largo - attacca (Live at Philharmonie, Berlin / 2019)
Anne-Sophie Mutter & Yo-Yo Ma & Daniel Barenboim & West-Eastern Divan Orchestra

- Bought the disc immediately after hearing the track. This track is really the one I love, the rest is ok, but this one takes me away. Specifically the transition at 1:15 - 1:30. More please!

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
1BC9A6DD-C2C9-4753-8A64-E99C565F2B4B.jpeg

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1594178032617.png

Attachments

• 1594178015981.png
    1594178015981.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 65

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Listening while working with a pair of Adam T5Vs and an Adam T10S at my desk trying to get an impossible amount of work done before Friday - only relief in 14 hour days all week is these evenings getting to turn on my monitors and not being bugged every 5 minutes by the team :) When the work feels too much, the music melts it away... ahh

DVORAK! I am not that good at only the title. Without the composer.

Great music, agreed!

String Quartet No. 12 in F major, Op. 96, "American": II. Lento
Vlach Quartet Prague

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Out now. Watched it last night. Marvelous.

I just added it to my "watchlist" yesterday. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to finally watch it. I've only listened to the record, and not having any contextual visuals makes it difficult to fully appreciate.

Top Bottom