• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What are we listening to right now..

Fledermaus

Patreon Donor
Over the past few months I’ve been rediscovering a bunch of Telarc classical recordings I’ve owned for years but hadn’t listened to for a long time. Well recorded, and some really great performances. If you’re not a hardcore classical music fan, I would start here:

Charpentier’s Méditations pour le Carême is my favorite of all his sacred music and this performance from 1985 holds up very well indeed.

Thats a good question. There are people who don't listen to Cat Stevens anymore because the intro from his world hit "Morning has broken" was written by Rick wakeman (ex Yes keybord player) Stevens never mentiond Wakeman for that or gave him any credits. Ha ha for me a step to far.
Morning has Broken is an old Christian song which can be found in many Presbyterian hymnals. Rick Wakeman is NOT credited there either. lol.

truly virtuoso composing for orchestra on display here - -

Márton Illés: Ez-tér , for orchestra (2014/17)
  • SWR Symphonieorchester
  • Pablo Rus Broseta

DSD64

Last edited:

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Warning, Spotify lists this song/album as "Explicit"
Just great Blues IMHO ;)
Marvin Sease - Playa Haters - Sit Down On It

John Dowland (1563-1625): works for viol consort

Top Bottom