• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Sometimes music can have meaning, I thought this was well done acoustically and the message as well. everlast what its like

Last edited:

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Was 12 years old when she did this...

DKT88

Albert Collins - Cold Snap (MFSL).jpg

ripvw

Forum Donor
"You're the Man" a "new" album by Marvin Gaye!

a collection of songs written in 1972 that was part of a project that included a new album that never happened. Details here:

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/29/7077...erpiece-marvin-gaye-tried-with-you-re-the-man

The album is available on Tidal which is how I'm listening to it - it's wonderful to have Marvin back...It may not be coherent as an album but the songs are great and Marvin's voice was at his peak

1554014547253.jpeg

H

Hifihedgehog

About five years ago, this female singer with her angelic voice was all the rage in Sertanejo, essentially Brazilian country music. Whereas I find modern American country jarringly twangy, pop-influenced, and cliché, Paula Fernandes' career-launching hits possess a rare rustic authenticity that courses and swells with an unmistakable heartwarming charm that takes your breath away. Admittedly, my interest in her work nosedived when she succumbed to the tempting appeal of American country and pop but I will forever be a fan of the breakout hits that granted Paula her stardom.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Frank Sinatra - Live At The Sands 1966
I was 17, it was a very good year. Yes It WAS ;)

Frank Sinatra - Standing Room Only

GioF71

Forum Donor
This one is quite distorted on some peaks but the song is really nice if you also like The Cure
Thanks to @Don Hills for the pointer

ripvw

Forum Donor
just got the Etymotic ER4SR earphones - can enthusiastically state that they sound great with the following - all on Tidal:

Cousin Dupree - Steely Dan
Take Five - Dave Brubeck
Someone Like You - Adele
That's Why I'm Here - James Taylor
I Will Remember - Toto
(These first 5 songs were all used by Sean Olive in comparing the Revel Salon 2 to the JBL M2's)

Peel Me A Grape - Nancy Wilson & Ramsey Lewis
Come Dance With Me - Frank Sinatra
I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt
With A Little Help From My Friends - The Beatles
A Day In The LIfe - The Beatles
Close Your Eyes - Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville
Let Me Touch You For A While - Alison Krauss and Union Station
Time - Pink Floyd
I.G.Y. - Donald Fagen
Hey Nineteen - Steely Dan
Don't You Worry About A Thing - Stevie Wonder
Uncle John's Band - Grateful Dead
(These last 12 songs were on Bob Katz's list of dynamic albums - no Loudness Wars here!)

time for some classical...

Top Bottom