• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Presumably you mean film music composer? In that case I agree, although I’d have Inception and Interstellar as my examples!
Yes. Hard to find anything of his that is not good though although I agree about masterpieces that Interstellar and Inception are. To that I would add Last Samurai.

Icboschert

Forum Donor
1551275593470.png

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bruckner's 7th symphony performed by von Karajan and the VPO, the last recording. I have grown into Bruckner, for many years I just couldn't enjoy his symphonies but in recent years I have become quite the fan. This particular recording is wonderful and a historically significant one as HvK's final recording.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Schubert’s F-minor Fantasia for 4 hands (piano) Op103 D940. This has been one of my favourite pieces for over 45 years and I just found a recording in a box set of CDs I bought with Murray Perahia and Radu Lupu.
Magic!
I miss the pre-echo I got so used to on my first LP of it bought in around 1971...

mickeyd123

Forum Donor
Another recent purchase is from a delightful Jazz signer from Korea, Youn Sun Nah. Here is her bio from Roon Player:

View attachment 12

The album is Same Girl.

nah.jpg

The title track My Favorite Things is to die for as is the fidelity of recording.
Wow, I totally agree, I have listened to every album on Qobuz that she has and ordered CD's as well. Her voice and the clarity is outstanding. I hope more people give it a try. Voyage, Linden and other albums she did are all amazing.

JustIntonation

I had a listen to the My Favorite Things track on the new BlieSMa T34B-4 tweeters (on a temporary baffle) and it was crazy how clearly I heard the distortion / colour of the vintage mic. Could really zone in on the sound of the mic and analyze different aspects of the mic distortion, a nice very even almost compressed tone / distortion, the colour reminded me of Frank Sinatra recordings.

pwjazz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm listening to Paul Simon's Rhythm of the Saints on my lightly EQ'd LCD2C right now and it's a treat. The percussion in particular gives me goosebumps.

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I might have seen this on here before, but in case not here it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom