• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What are we listening to right now..

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I've been a major fan of Rick Wakeman forever.. I really love having Spotify streaming, I put together a Playlist of Rick's solo piano "Air" recordings. A trilogy of work from 1986 to 1990, three great compositions of his writing genius.
County Airs 1986, Sea Airs 1989, Night Airs 1990

Last edited:

graz_lag

Major Contributor
James Blood Ulmer Live Experience - Crying (James Blood Ulmer)
From the album "Live at the Bayerischer Hof" (1994)
Label: In+Out Records

Crying is simply a wonderful live recording by James Ulmer where the atmosphere flows out of the speakers. It’s an extremely dynamic recording and especially the rhythm section with the drums and the bass guitar stands out very precisely. It’s an example of a live recording with dynamics and clarity as keywords.

james-blood-ulmer-cover.jpg

I've been listening to a ton of Nine Inch Nails lately. Mostly everything from With Teeth all the way back to Pretty Hate Machine. Never really gave Trent's music any critical listening until very recently and I'm discovering how much I've been missing out.

bequietjk

@W2S Throw it back with Worst comes to Worst!!!!! Me and my cousin would listen to that jam nonstop back in the day.

I'm listening to this purity atm. May not sound too great on youtube but on spotify it's grand.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bruce Springsteen singing Jersey Girl, the last track on the Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band live 1975 - 85 set.