• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What are we listening to right now..

Soniclife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not usually a fan of his post Nivana stuff, but caught this on the radio the other day and liked it.
The song starts at about 10 mins in, and is 22 mins long.

Soniclife

My current choice is a bit more chill...
Wilsen - I Go Missing in My Sleep (2017)
It's calm, poetic folk with electronic and post-rock touches that might appeal to, say, those who like Suzanne Vega. Quite nocturnal and probably best played at no more than medium volume. A good one for an insomnia playlist.
I'm off to listen to more of this, thanks.

JJB70

The Ultimate Collection by The Carpenters, in some peoples eyes the epitome of 70's easy listening muzak, in my opinion purveyors of wonderful music which benefited from superb musical arrangements and vocals delivered by one of the all time great singers of popular music. At their (frequent) best there was something rather unusual in their recordings, as they were crafted to perfection and everything about their performances was polished with precision, yet they did not sound sterile or lacking in emotion. To combine that sense of perfection with emotional depth takes an awful lot of skill I think. I don't care what anybody say's, to me the music of the Carpenters fully deserves to be called "great". Karen Carpenter's tragic early death was a great loss to music.

Snarfie

Can listen forever to this track. Sort of guilty pleasure. Lo-Fi from Weast at it's best.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
That cracked me up!
Somehow reminded me of some early beta Network Management Software that Tokyo sent us long ago. It was all in Day-Glo colors.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Enjoying the new album Open Heart Story from the great contemporary classical Australian composer, Luke Howard:

1546571473376.png

As noted, Tidal MQA streaming at 96 kHz (base band at 48 kHz).

Enjoying the new album Open Heart Story from the great contemporary classical Australian composer, Luke Howard:

View attachment 19861

As noted, Tidal MQA streaming at 96 kHz (base band at 48 kHz).

Never heard of this composer. Listening now on Spotify, very beautiful so far, thanks @amirm !

Top Bottom