• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What are we listening to right now..

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Still the 1955 buddy rich recording I’m listening to right now sounds great.
Not at all my type of music but OMG does this man have some fast hands or what?
He could be trained as a great card shark or pick-pocket. :)

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Doc Powell - The Doctor
Recorded by David Manley on ViTaL Records, and excellent expression of Doc's talent combined with
one of the finest sounding recordings in my collection. Can't help but play it quite often when I want to remind
myself of my systems capabilities.

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wifes of Henry VIII
I never get enough of Ricks genius at the keyboards.
Pretty good sound quality on my early release CD also.
Now a ripped copy and I don't know the sku # :(

Thomas savage

Liberation through innovation
The Watchman
Patreon Donor

I Have some Japanese version with special ‘ Blu’ technology wrt the disc.. I find the Japanese cd’s often don’t have the crap ‘loud’ mastering .

This is very nice..

LarsS

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
The little girl next to the pool in my avatar is 4 years today, this is a celebration to her "Always on my mind" in Swedish ... Misc info: each and every Elvis song sung in Swedish needs to be approved by some kind of Elvis heir/authority in US.

Frank Dernie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
Elgar, Dream of Gerontius.
I have several recordings but my favourite is the 1976 Boult, Baker, Gedda, Watts version which I am listening to on a CD.
Can't find a picture of the CD art on the one I bought over 30 years ago they have changed it. Never mind.
I first heard some of the music as mood music in a TV drama and decided I needed to listen to a bit more. I bought this recording and still love it.

Top Bottom