• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Wombat

Master Contributor
maxresdefault.jpg

Guermantes

I've been reading Richard Taruskin's The Oxford History of Western Music and listening to the examples where possible (I think a streaming service like Tidal could be a great pedagogical tool in this instance). Anyway, I discovered that I quite like Schubert . . .
hamelin schubert.png

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brilliant song. We were lucky enough to have Peter play this in our living room.

Reactions: Rod

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
@Rod Glad you like his stuff. Want a brilliant recording with him on vocals and guitar? Redbird. Single point crossed ribbons, living room acoustic, good dynamic range, and oh yes, amazing playing and singing. Here's a YouTube'd version of one of the songs.

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@Rod Glad you like his stuff. Want a brilliant recording with him on vocals and guitar? Redbird. Single point crossed ribbons, living room acoustic, good dynamic range, and oh yes, amazing playing and singing. Here's a YouTube'd version of one of the songs.
Thanks for posting his music. Isn't it a great feeling you get when you hear a new track for the first time? I can just lay back and close my eyes....
Except for the love of my wife, nothing else will do that for me like music can.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for posting his music. Isn't it a great feeling you get when you hear a new track for the first time? I can just lay back and close my eyes....
Except for the love of my wife, nothing else will do that for me like music can.
Make sure she reads this ;)

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Diane Birch fiirst video is gone, next ones are: stairing at you, love and war

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Nice. As you might guess from my moniker I like crossed ribbons. They are great for recordings like this. My only ribbons are some cheap ones, but even they have a special kind of sound that can be very pleasing.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Les Paul and Chet Atkins Live 1996

Top Bottom