• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are the best pre amp with streaming under 2000$? what ports they need to have?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Try this first; WiiM Mini Streamer ($100) + Topping E30II ($150) and what ever amp you want. There is whole thread here of over the moon partakers with WiiM mini.
i will try to explain again,
2000$ is the budget,
it will be written as accountant expense
i cant get things out of the country because they cant be written that way these cheap things are not available and i can order them.
i am looking for high end quality product, not temporary solution. these things can be ordered from ali express or some other places, which doesnt work for me i also dont have time to wait for them since my speakers are here next week.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
NAD M10 with BluOS, Roon ready, and Dirac has amp $2400

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

NAD M10 with BluOS, Roon ready, and Dirac has amp $2400
nad m10 its not a pre amp its more of an amp...
i just need high quality pre amp and thats all.
i like cambridge so far probably the most. its too bad cambridge have 000 dealership in my country i emailed them today.

i wonder if i go with all in solution in order to save $$$$, how much worse sound quality will be if i go instead of nad c298 with nad c399 i will add blue sound card to receive dirac gimmick and streaming with apple airplay how much worse sound quality will be since c399 is lacking purifi class d amp and it uses some junk amps inside again class d.

Last edited by a moderator:

dorakeg

nad m10 its not a pre amp its more of an amp...
i just need high quality pre amp and thats all.
i like cambridge so far probably the most. its too bad cambridge have 000 dealership in my country i emailed them today.

i wonder if i go with all in solution in order to save $$$$, how much worse sound quality will be if i go instead of nad c298 with nad c399 i will add blue sound card to receive dirac gimmick and streaming with apple airplay how much worse sound quality will be since c399 is lacking purifi class d amp and it uses some junk amps inside again class d.
Hypex is junk??? Are you sure?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Hypex is junk??? Are you sure?
m10 is 100w class d , i dont think they are using hypex but i can be wrong.
i have read several reviews of it, and i dont like it and also too many issues like broken stuff.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
i have read several reviews of it, and i dont like it and also too many issues like broken stuff.
I’ve replied with your posts before. Many members here are making thoughtful suggestions to your post. It seems none of them are perfect for you. I get that. There is no perfect way to go. On another thread you are matching KEF R3s with some really nice NAD front end, among others. It even seemed that you felt good about an Arcam integrated. Great choice, maybe not mine, but nothing wrong with it. You seem to have a pretty good knowledge of what is out there. Can I ask what it is you’re asking without being argumentative?

dorakeg

OK, most M10 reviews did not specifically mention the word Hypex. However, they did mention its using Hybrid Digital nCore amp. nCore is a registered trademark of Hypex. So, the nCore amp in the M10 has to be made by Hypex.

Btw, C399 is lacking Purifi but its also using Hypex modules.

GDK

Forum Donor
Good luck, man. You have limited availability, a strange purchasing arrangement, you don’t like anyone’s ideas, and despite a tone of arrogance you seem to have trouble even understanding the type of device you need.
I don’t know, I like OP’s threads. They’re like playing a game of whack-a-mole - just when you think you have his hit his needs squarely on the head, a whole bunch of new requirements suddenly pop up!

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I’ve replied with your posts before. Many members here are making thoughtful suggestions to your post. It seems none of them are perfect for you. I get that. There is no perfect way to go. On another thread you are matching KEF R3s with some really nice NAD front end, among others. It even seemed that you felt good about an Arcam integrated. Great choice, maybe not mine, but nothing wrong with it. You seem to have a pretty good knowledge of what is out there. Can I ask what it is you’re asking without being argumentative?
i dont know what is good or not what is out what is not i look in company product pages....
i have 00000000000 experience in home audio zero.

Good luck, man. You have limited availability, a strange purchasing arrangement, you don’t like anyone’s ideas, and despite a tone of arrogance you seem to have trouble even understanding the type of device you need.
i changed device because so many options and confusion..
OK, most M10 reviews did not specifically mention the word Hypex. However, they did mention its using Hybrid Digital nCore amp. nCore is a registered trademark of Hypex. So, the nCore amp in the M10 has to be made by Hypex.

Btw, C399 is lacking Purifi but its also using Hypex modules.

Yes C399 more powerfull ncore but i plan to get c298 unless they lie about it?
I don’t know, I like OP’s threads. They’re like playing a game of whack-a-mole - just when you think you have his hit his needs squarely on the head, a whole bunch of new requirements suddenly pop up!

i simply want the best there is.

DMill

Dude is trying my patience. Glad I still have a bit of a bit of whisky in this bottle. To the OP… go with your heart man.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I wonder are AV receivers better compared to purifi nad c298 ?is there high end av receiver which is better highest end and quality compared to purify?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

There is no best. You’re chasing windmills. Spend $100k and there’s still another one.
What brands have better av receivers if possible new/recent models, which are better than purifi class d amps in the nad c298?

Davelemi

Forum Donor
i dont know what is good or not what is out what is not i look in company product pages....
i have 00000000000 experience in home audio zero.

i changed device because so many options and confusion..

Yes C399 more powerfull ncore but i plan to get c298 unless they lie about it?

i simply want the best there is.
You couldn’t do much better than a hypex or purfi amp from Audiophonics paired with a MiniDSP SHD Studio and one of the many Topping DACs reviewed here.
Seriously!

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

You couldn’t do much better than a hypex or purfi amp from Audiophonics paired with a MiniDSP SHD Studio and one of the many Topping DACs reviewed here.
Seriously!
i agree with you but i cant order them and my accountant cant write them as expense.
So cant be done.
So not a single av receiver have simular price quality like this nad 298?

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom