• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are the best amp options to drive KEF R3?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

i change my mind i will buy something new brand new budget is increased up to 3000 euro whats the best options i can get.
Please advice it needs to be at least 100 w per channel, i need something high end again good resale value is a must and high end quality quality as well.

mglobe

Forum Donor
Ah. That explains a lot.

Are there no dealers in Bulgaria handling decent equipment in your price range?
I know there are a couple of "audiophile" manufacturers of expensive stuff, but that won't help you
This place sells a lot of the stuff we see in the US:

But the OP wants inexpensive, fancy looking, and sota performance. He needs to pick two.

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can other posters confirm that the Op could get 200 watts into 8 ohms from a purifi product sourced from Europe for 1500 Euros or less?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I will get new amplifier from my country,
my current budget is around 3000-3500euros.
so i am consider nad m10 version 2
or nad m23 or something else

do you think any of these are good option 1 of them have purifi modules other one have dirac room correction, is dirac better option than purifi modules not sure... which to choose

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I think the Hypex based power amplifiers from Boxem and Apollon offer the likeliest solution for a European customer. Add an affordable, high quality DAC like the Schiit Modius and you're good to go to play streaming audio from your PC. No Chinese purchase required, and everything probably under 1.5k euros.
I'd add the basic Audiophonics to that. Bang for buck those cannot be beaten.

Can other posters confirm that the Op could get 200 watts into 8 ohms from a purifi product sourced from Europe for 1500 Euros or less?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I cant buy audiophonics, but i am highly considering nad option
NAD C399 is also look good on paper. also have dirac

mglobe

Forum Donor
Already done, already rejected.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Now that you've upped your budget, buy the 399 and don't look back.
Should i get C399 WITH blue stream module upgrade?
also i like m10 v2 since its portable, but i see no reviews or tests from amir for any of these units i see him tested m10 v1 only and thats it.
I am also looking into classical amps newer

marantz MODEL 30 or marantz model 40n,​

is Dirac really worth it , price is simular of all of these...

sifi36

do you think any of these are good option 1 of them have purifi modules other one have dirac room correction, is dirac better option than purifi modules not sure... which to choose

The impact of Dirac will almost certainly be far greater than marginally (potentially inaudibly) cleaner sounding amplifier.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

One is an integrated amp, the other a power amp....which kind of amp do you want?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

i need integrated amp but i am not good at all with amps.

The impact of Dirac will almost certainly be far greater than marginally (potentially inaudibly) cleaner sounding amplifier.

they doesnt pay of full version of dirac, that cost more money so its another gimmick selling point etcs.

sifi36

i need integrated amp but i am not good at all with amps.

they doesnt pay of full version of dirac, that cost more money so its another gimmick selling point etcs.

Will you have multiple subwoofers? If so Dirac Live Bass Control is unnecessary no?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The integrated amp includes a pre-amp section, input switching, various other features.....a power amp would require you to add a pre-amp of your choice.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

The integrated amp includes a pre-amp section, input switching, various other features.....a power amp would require you to add a pre-amp of your choice.
how i can achieve more quality,

Will you have multiple subwoofers? If so Dirac Live Bass Control is unnecessary no?

i am currently building the system may be in the future,

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
how i can achieve more quality,

i am currently building the system may be in the future,

What quality are you referring to particularly? You now being more open to a Purifi module equipped amp is a good first step. All depends on your particular needs. What other gear do you want to use the system with particularly other than the R3 speakers? Subwoofers most 2ch gear is not good at incorporating such as has been mentioned, and for such small speakers with limited bass I'd want a sub myself for example and I'd want bass management options. I think you over-think what "high end" actually means (that higher price always brings better quality).

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

What quality are you referring to particularly? You now being more open to a Purifi module equipped amp is a good first step. All depends on your particular needs. What other gear do you want to use the system with particularly other than the R3 speakers? Subwoofers most 2ch gear is not good at incorporating such as has been mentioned, and for such small speakers with limited bass I'd want a sub myself for example and I'd want bass management options. I think you over-think what "high end" actually means (that higher price always brings better quality).
i need to have reference quality/ speakers have some bass and i will try their bass first if its not enough i already have 2 spare subs which i can add thats easy.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd prefer bass management if adding subs. They are powered or passive subs? Adding a sub can be easy, but not ideal in terms of bass management.....

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I'd prefer bass management if adding subs. They are powered or passive subs? Adding a sub can be easy, but not ideal in terms of bass management.....
my subs have power to connect to electricity and cable to connect to the amplifier...
no dsp inside.

Top Bottom