• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are the best amp options to drive KEF R3?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want simplicity, I'd go with the NAD C399 based on what you've said. It's got plenty of power, little to no noise, and Dirac.

Butttttt, if you want something arguably better and for a lot less money, then I'd get a minidsp (gives you PEQ and Dirac), as well as a Topping LA90 for the cleanest, no-noise amp you could ever wish for (surprisingly, it's class A/B, not D!)

....Then I'd spend all that money I saved on room treatment, or a 2nd sub ;-)
No need for a new amp if he gets mini dsp. Amp as is is fine

KuroMuro

Thanks for the replies.. currently I'm thinking about replacing the amp for a new one. My potential choices at the moment are the:
• Advance Paris A12 Classic
• Lyngdorf 1120
• Arcam SA30

• Hegel H120 would a option if it had a option to connect a subwoofer, which it doesn't have unfortunately. (as far a I can see on the connections which are on the back)

After visiting some audio shops, these where the ones that where advised to me. Listening isn't a option, since the shops i've visited didn't have KEF into their assortment.
Which of there three would be advised based on specs and maybe experience. I

Top Bottom