• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are my fellow Genelec owners feeding them with?

Marc v E

Major Contributor
@Sparky I asked on the Gevol website about the digital preamp's availability and price. This is their response:

"Hi Marc,

Thanks for your email and sorry for delay (mail server problems). I'm still suffering drastic component availability issues and it's starting to look like I need to re-design some areas of HW implementation and mechanics as well. Unfortunately, in that case it will also have a huge negative impact on the production costs. Original price was 350 euros.

The global chip shortage is still not easing (but hopefully on first half of the year 2023) due to increasing demand for circuits used by electric automotive manufactures.

Currently I don't have any newsletter but I'm planning to add some update feed to the website. Stay tuned!

BR,
Rami "

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@Sparky I asked on the Gevol website about the digital preamp's availability and price. This is their response:

"Hi Marc,

Thanks for your email and sorry for delay (mail server problems). I'm still suffering drastic component availability issues and it's starting to look like I need to re-design some areas of HW implementation and mechanics as well. Unfortunately, in that case it will also have a huge negative impact on the production costs. Original price was 350 euros.

The global chip shortage is still not easing (but hopefully on first half of the year 2023) due to increasing demand for circuits used by electric automotive manufactures.

Currently I don't have any newsletter but I'm planning to add some update feed to the website. Stay tuned!

BR,
Rami "
@Marc v E

This is really helpful information thank you!

It's a shame for him as it loos to be a product well worth investing in for us Genelec owners!
I'll be keeping an eye on his project for sure! :)

HairyEars

This product confuses me.

If I connect the product to the GLM via 3.5mm, are there any sound quality advantages? Or is it just a fancy volume control that delivers the same exact performance as the Genelec volume controls?

If that the case, is the way to materialize SQ advantage by inputting the digital source into Gevol and then outputting the outcome into the first Genelec monitor?

And that begs another question: why isn't there an AES input? Sure, you can go in SPDIF, but AES allows longer cable runs.

Beat some wisdom in me.

Karu

Forum Donor
Has there been anything new appearing to feed digital to the monitors? Tried wiim pro but got too much ground noise. Gevol website doesn’t seem to indicate they have launched?

Top Bottom