• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What amp/DAC do you recommend for my Audio-Technica ATH-R70x headphones?

iStunGu

I just got my ATH R70X yesterday and boy do i love them , i am falling for em truly the thing is i am using these devices with it and can't handle 100% volume in audio interface

i am using Scarlett solo gen 3 and Behringer amplifier HA 400

are they enough for the best quality possible , i mean don't know i am no expert but the sound to me is so good coming from Logitech g pro x

i mainly use my headphone listening to Jazz music and soundtracks , gaming fps shooters that focuses on directional sounds

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
The HA400 is only a bit better than the Scarlett's built-in headphone driver (it's an NJM4580 grave running on 12 Vdc - I mean, what else did you expect in a quad headphone amp at that price?), but the R70X' are super uncritical and easy to drive, too (at 470 ohms, they're still as sensitive as Senheiser's 300 ohm models). Probably close to a best-case scenario for your equipment. Don't expect any worlds of difference when upgrade to a "proper" headphone amp.

iStunGu

The HA400 is only a bit better than the Scarlett's built-in headphone driver (it's an NJM4580 grave running on 12 Vdc - I mean, what else did you expect in a quad headphone amp at that price?), but the R70X' are super uncritical and easy to drive, too (at 470 ohms, they're still as sensitive as Senheiser's 300 ohm models). Probably close to a best-case scenario for your equipment. Don't expect any worlds of difference when upgrade to a "proper" headphone amp.
Thanks for your reply , any advice to get the best out of em

Also what about format output i currently am on 48khz 24

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for your reply , any advice to get the best out of em

Also what about format output i currently am on 48khz 24
Explore some EQ for them. The best way to get the best for any headphone

kmidst

I just read the earlier stuff about the Chord products. I'm just going to say it, overpriced snake oil, and obviously so. And no, we're not going to get tricked into buying the products and then having a hard time returning them when we realize how much money was wasted.
Chord Hugo M Upscaler: $5650 for a device that tries to reconstruct digital audio. Tell me how it could ever be good to try and guess at what the source material was. And then tell me how spending 5 and a half grand is somehow worth it for the difference.
Chord Mojo 2: $700 for a DAC/Amp hybrid. There are other devices that do the same job and have more features for a third of the price or less.

Top Bottom