• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What AMP + DAC combo to power Sundaras

Sonoma

Hello,

I am fairly new to the community. I currently own the DT880 250Ohm and thought about upgrading to some Hifiman Sundara. Currently I use a FiiO E17 to power my DT880 but i think that I need to upgrade to power the Sundara.

Is there a DAC + AMP combo <400€ that is recommended for this pair of headphones?

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The 37-Ohm Sundara should require less voltage, then the 250-Ohm DT880.

Should be able to use the FiiO E17, until you find something to replace it.
Would it need to be portable?

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No need for it to be portable. I actually prefer it to be stationary.
Schiit Modi/Magni 3 combo.
Check out the website AVforum, they are located in the UK, might know where to find the better bargains Europe.

BartekG

I have recently bought the Sundara. On the Prodigy Cube, (100-150 mW at 32R), the bass was muddy and percussion sounded softened - I think slow is the correct word. On the SE out of Topping 50s (1.4 W at 32R) the bass cleared up. On the balanced out (3,5 W) the percussion speed is as it should be. I saw a review that stated that you need at least 2 W and I can agree with this assesment.

Top Bottom