• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What about AI creating (quality) music.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What about AI creating quality music.

I was an are still not able to play the piano can play a bit bass guitar but thats it. Around 12 years ago i came a cross the Schwarzonator from Henrik Swartch as a plug-inn in Ableton. It is software that lets you progress key-cords fully automatically basically you don't need knowledge how to play an piano/keybord. IMO it was more ore less the start of a sort of AI that put chords in a random logical order playing them more or less inkey.

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/schwarzonator/

Enclosed a poor attempt :facepalm:(re-edit from Brand new Heavies - Sometime) to work with the Schwarzonator . Bare with me it was a attempt to learn how this software works to create a full automated keyboard part. It was fun to do.

These days AI is developing fast. Besides playing chess, Go beating all world champions it probably can in a few years composing music from Bach and any other composers flawlessly. One of these AI music generating tools is Harmonai, Dance diffusion an others

Any thoughts.

Last edited:

Pablo27

I was thinking about this the other day. I don't doubt we could at some point (if we cant already!) feed a composers entire works into a computer and 'model', to a very high degree of accuracy, what the composers future work would have sounded like.

I always wanted to hear what Nirvana would have done following their In Utero album.

OP
Snarfie

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I always wanted to hear what Nirvana would have done following their In Utero album.
That would be one of the benefits.

GaryH

Major Contributor
Well it's already been done with a new 'Rembrandt' painting, so I don't see why something similar couldn't eventually be done with music.

Zoomer

Composer David Bruce's take on AI-generated music, nuanced and insightfull as always:

Top Bottom