• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What’s your favourite Audio YouTuber?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Because it’s overkill. Those extremely high sensitivity speakers usually sound the best with a small tube like 8-10wpc. With a high power endpoint you completely lose control over your speaker and makes it sound bloated unclear especially in the bass.
That's a weird assertion if I ever heard one.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
With a high power endpoint you completely lose control over your speaker and makes it sound bloated unclear especially in the bass.
That is an amazing claim. Is there any evidence for that?

OP
A

Arianator26

That is an amazing claim. Is there any evidence for that?
I can’t say more that I tried it with different high-sensitivity speakers. They all became punchy and annoying with the big power amplifier. They played of course and it’s ok but the detailed balanced sound i got from small tubes. Your experiences may of course vary. Sorry if this isn’t scientific enough for this forum but I don’t think this is something you can objectively measure

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I can’t say more that I tried it with different high-sensitivity speakers. They all became punchy and annoying with the big power amplifier. They played of course and it’s ok but the detailed balanced sound i got from small tubes. Your experiences may of course vary. Sorry if this isn’t scientific enough for this forum but I don’t think this is something you can objectively measure
OK, so no evidence. And it makes zero sense from a technical standpoint.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The only issue with overly sensitive speaker is that it brings out the noise from the amplifier. Then again there is no reason to think a weaker amp doesn't have similar or worse noise.

ta240

Major Contributor
Poorly designed speakers that a weak/noisy amplifier didn't have the power or dynamic range to expose?

kaopad999

Yuck! He's absurd and makes up many fallacies that are simply goobledy gook.
Tarun cetainly has a way with words. But i believe that he has a lot of exprience with hi-fi gear and used to be heavily involved in the industry

kaopad999

Speaking of old vintage speakers. I have seen three or four pieces of this man's , Kelvin,videos.

Kelvin can be 100% trusted that he always chooses vintage speakers over new ones. New that he, by the way, extremely rarely likes.

100% subjective listening impressions. Sometimes interspersed with incorrect technical analyzes. It's almost like it's a parody of subjective HiFi yuotubers, but I think his videos are serious.:)
In his way of seeing it, serious that is.

Edit:
He thinks as he thinks about how speakers should sound. Of course he can do that, it's subjective.In any case, I do not think he is sponsored and is thus honest in his reviews.
hey nice shout out, i really like kelvin, i also believe he is genuine in his opinions, subjective of course, but you just know he's not being paid to say what all the other reviewers are saying.

DanielT

Major Contributor
hey nice shout out, i really like kelvin, i also believe he is genuine in his opinions, subjective of course, but you just know he's not being paid to say what all the other reviewers are saying.
Totally ok with subjective impressions. You can like whatever you want. The only problem with HiFi is that there are unfortunately many people who believe that you can generalize and automatically therefore yourself will like what is presented. Maybe, .. maybe not. As long as you are aware of that, like with food.
No problem with experiences of different dishes. Everyone understands that it is a matter of individual taste then.:)

Maybe there is a more narrow window of deviations in sound what is generally considered good before it starts to sound too strange/bad compared to food, but the principle is the same.:)

Taste these::)

Last edited:

Midnight Audiophile

A new channel worth a mention that I just subbed to. It's nice to see a female in a mostly male dominated arena and her genuine enthusiasm for hi-fi gear really shines through:

Tangband

Major Contributor
I like the youtube channel Hifi riff

Last edited:
Top Bottom