• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wharfedale Vardus VR300 tweeter is not working

Indio77

Hi!

One of my standfloor speakers tweeter is broken. I disassembled the broken one and as you will see in the picture attached, on the backside there are information about the model which I need.
The question is that all model which has similar number is good for me!?
Like this below:

Attachments

• IMG-20230422-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230422-WA0001.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 48

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The safest thing is the exact model. Otherwise, you can go down the rabbit hole of redesigning the crossover. Maybe you can find one on eBay.

OP
I

Indio77

The safest thing is the exact model. Otherwise, you can go down the rabbit hole of redesigning the crossover. Maybe you can find one on eBay.
So far I dis not find one, exactly for Vardus VR300.

OP
I

Indio77

The model number is similar, I don't now what to say about the last string of number at the bottom of the tweeter. I found tweeters with model number 0326h but the other number was different. You can see in the picture ( 42 2008)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My guess is those are manufacturing codes. Only a guess, though. You might contact Wharfedale to see if they can shed some light.

I'll point out that many people (including RCA and Altec) have researched this and came to strikingly similar conclusions. But science can always use another experiment.

Top Bottom