• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wharfedale EVO 4.4 vs KEF R3

muad

So absolute first measurement of my life is here.
Finished setting up everything 30 minutes ago and simply ran a single pink noise on mlp.

I will continue with reading and experimentation.
Advises/suggestions and off course opinions on how my measurement looks are more than welcome:)
Damn, that's a nice looking measurement. Yours is the second on room measurement I've seen for the R3 metas, and both of you have a perfect in room slope. Seems like they got the tuning right this time (directivity being identical to the old one). The meta material and all the other fluff is just a cherry on top.

Modenacart

Well it won't make much of the difference, especially on short ones. Main difference is cost especially for finished products. Resistance will definitely be higher when you insert anything in between even if the plugs are berilium or such and you use silver - tin for soldering. Banana plugs are easier to plug/unplug but argument about oxidation on open conductor bare wire doesn't hold if you use OFC cable in the first place. In short between 100€ nice 3 m speaker cable with banana plugs and 9€ bare wire with scrow terminals I choose bare wire.
I wouldn’t use beryllium for anything unless you want to die.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I wouldn’t use beryllium for anything unless you want to die.
Funny thing is a guy who sells building materials said same thing for rock wool indoor use to me cuple of days back. I am fine with good old copper plugs and cables, eventually OFC for oxidation over time concerns.

Modenacart

Funny thing is a guy who sells building materials said same thing for rock wool indoor use to me cuple of days back. I am fine with good old copper plugs and cables, eventually OFC for oxidation over time concerns.
I can’t speak to rock wool but since it is no longer acceptable to kill the people who manufacture and repair our parts (I work with the military) we have spend a large amount of resources getting away from beryllium. A lot of warnings are a little over done, beryllium is not.

Top Bottom