• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wharfedale Diamond 220 crossover point ?

Bsmooth

So where would you recommend crossing these over to a subwoofer ? I was thinking maybe 80-100 hz ? I notioced Amir saying there was a slight boominess, anyway to eliminate this with a different crossover point ?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Quite high, maybe at 100Hz or so. Depends highly on your room. If you have the budget, consider using DSP to get the most out of them with a sub.

Looking at the measurements from Amirm, i think i need to keep my eyes peeled for a pair, they are quite good. I'm always on the lookout for gifts to friends and family. :cool:

theyellowspecial

Forum Donor
There's a balance between frequency response and localization that needs to be struck, dictated by speaker/sub placement and room interaction. Definitely need a mic and DSP for optimal results.

OP
B

Bsmooth

OK I'll keep that in mind when I do the setup, thanks.

OP
B

Bsmooth

One other thing is speaker cables. My receiver is almost right next to the left speaker, while the right is probably 8 - 10 feet away. Should you run the same distance speaker wire to each or a shorter one to the closer speaker?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One other thing is speaker cables. My receiver is almost right next to the left speaker, while the right is probably 8 - 10 feet away. Should you run the same distance speaker wire to each or a shorter one to the closer speaker?
The added resistance or capacitance are negligible at that length.

Top Bottom