• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wharfedale Denton 85 review ?

Miniyouuuu

So Linton = Dentons with a sub?
Not only that. I tried an SVS 1000 Pro Sub for one week, and never got same integration as Linton.
Linton feels fuller and you dont have to play with crossover or phase alignement

Venkyrenga

I am conflicted between Denton 85 and Elac ubr62. I will be driving them with my Marantz pm7000n and I expect smooth, rich and natural sound. Btw I am putting the right speaker very close to a corner. And my room has moderate acoustic treatment with bass traps in the back wall and acoustic panels in the first reflection points.

Please give me your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

SacreDro

I will have a look at the Aurora 2 from Warfedale also, I have the cheaper 11.2 and they sound good, no fatigue.
They got harsh only after I plugged in a cheaper Sansui amp with integrated circuits, now with Yamaha R-S700 they are a pleasure to listen to.
I would try to listen to them and compare them with the amp that you have.
For build quality I would look also at Canton speakers which are overlooked and from my opinion they are better made in Germany, not sure if all of their stuff thow.
For 1500-2000 Euro there are multiple choises, so you better ask the audio retailers what they recommend for your budget.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So any measurements done?
I apologize, still not measured. Tomorrow, i'll promise.

I am conflicted between Denton 85 and Elac ubr62.
Can't say anything about the UBR62, but the Denton are very well made. I have a pair in black and they look really slick, i bet they look even better in Mahagoni.
I'll do measurements compared with what i have around tomorrow, in the moment Linton 85, KEF Q350 and Focal Aria 906. It's just frequency response in my room, but maybe that helps somewhat.

Please give me your thoughts.
Well, if i where you i would order both and send one pair back :cool:

Bdizzle90

I apologize, still not measured. Tomorrow, i'll promise.

Can't say anything about the UBR62, but the Denton are very well made. I have a pair in black and they look really slick, i bet they look even better in Mahagoni.
I'll do measurements compared with what i have around tomorrow, in the moment Linton 85, KEF Q350 and Focal Aria 906. It's just frequency response in my room, but maybe that helps somewhat.

Well, if i where you i would order both and send one pair back :cool:
How did you go with the measurements?? Those Denton's look so good!

Top Bottom