• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We're Going to the Moon (again)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hey, we're going somewhere...to the moon?
I think Mars is on the program too.
The concern is that by going to the moon, money is taken away from other projects like going to Mars.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There was also a reference to military applications. It is possible this is all a show to hide that activity. Given the latest threats from N. Korea and Tump's fondness for military, it reasons that this might be the case.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Maybe they can send scrambled signals from the moon and attack with long-range lasers; that would be inline with that disguised space exploration stuff.
Star Wars preparations.

We know that the defense, the airforce, the intel, the army and the navy are precious assets to any country, any leader, any president, anyone in touch with today's reality. To be powerless is to be weak, and with weakness comes great devastation.

So up to the moon, the conquest of space to build military base stations. ...Makes sense, I go for that.
Because I don't think anyone wants to start gardening on the moon and send their kids there to college.

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Lunarcy...

Put a few telescopes there...

A couple of Hotels...

Golf Course...

Instant Weight Loss clinics...

A sports dome, imagine the Hail Mary passes - 600 yards... And gymnastics... Wow... Moon-O-Lympics...

Anyway, we gotta beat the Russians! Or is it the Chinese? Or Indians?

The concern is that by going to the moon, money is taken away from other projects like going to Mars.

The Moon is 3 days away, and has nothing.

Mars is 9 months away, for the economy flight, with launch windows 26 months apart, and has nothing.

I vote Moon for now.

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Ronm1

I can see it now
Trump moonbase and exploration center. 250K a pop. Stamped certificates from DJT himself. Base staff are by primo rejects from former univ and comes with an old frozen steak and a fifth of vodka.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Lunarcy...
Put a few telescopes there...
A couple of Hotels...
Golf Course...
Instant Weight Loss clinics...
A sports dome, imagine the Hail Mary passes - 600 yards... And gymnastics... Wow... Moon-O-Lympics...

Anyway, we gotta beat the Russians! Or is it the Chinese? Or Indians?

If the architects of Abu Dhabi and Dubai get there first, watch out.

Top Bottom