• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
I'm a recovering audiophool.
Hey Russ, good news there. I'm sure you'll feel right at home at ASR, especially compared to the relentless audiophool forums. :cool:
CD marker
Just for ol' times sake;

index.php

JSmith

irontortoise

Hey Russ, good news there. I'm sure you'll feel right at home at ASR, especially compared to the relentless audiophool forums. :cool:

Just for ol' times sake;

index.php

JSmith
Help! I'm having a flashback! Just need a copy of Stereophile magazine to complete the torture. LOL. Good times, good times.
Thanks for the welcome!

Harkwood Services

Audio Company
Hello,
I have been lurking long enough, so I thought it best to join.
I spend roughly half my time as an independent AV/IT consultant, the other half doing custom electronics design and embedded firmware.

I'm primarily involved in new builds and refurbishments, handling professional AV equipment on the AV side. I get involved with system testing and sign-off, and I have a bit of a reputation for finding all the things the system integrator thought were OK but weren't. What annoys me the most is when the AV is not in sync in larger, more complex spaces. Oh, and when the wire one of the ceiling speakers backwards in something like a lecture theatre.

I have a pretty well-equipped lab for projects on the electronics side, for design, testing, repair, and prototyping. I've designed and built solutions when the client wants something that isn't readily available.
How professional AV is installed and maintained has led to the development of products in the AV area. Bourne out of my need to not waste my time testing and commissioning systems and clients' money when repairing systems.

Anyway, enough about me.
I hope to have time to jump in on the forums where I can, and happy to take questions related to the more pro AV end of things. I may be able to test items from the UK too, time permitting.

Harkwood Services

Audio Company
Welcome.

Amen to that, out of sync AV or incorrect aspect ratio are very irksome to me as well.

JSmith
Don't get me started on aspect ratios, looking very sternly at Microsoft since Teams was moved to 21:9.

PatF

After two months I have found this thread ... a bit embarrassing but never too late to introduce myself.

Hello :)

Trained as musicologist, working as organologist and retired by choice musician. Amir's videos and reviews brought me here and I am most grateful for it :). Great place to talk about music and audio hobby also to challange my own perception.

Jefesix

Hello, I am Pedro from Mexico. It was great discovering ASR, only wished that it had been sooner. Science and measurements has always been with me since I was a kid browsing through JR music world and Radio Shack catalogues in the 80´s, Iooking at whatever specifications and features would be listed to make sure that if any buying desicion would be made it was a well tought out regardless of brand and price. Keep up the good work.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hello, I am Pedro from Mexico. It was great discovering ASR, only wished that it had been sooner. Science and measurements has always been with me since I was a kid browsing through JR music world and Radio Shack catalogues in the 80´s, Iooking at whatever specifications and features would be listed to make sure that if any buying desicion would be made it was a well tought out regardless of brand and price. Keep up the good work.
Welcome Aboard @Jefesix and thank you kindly for the Support and donation!

williamh

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around here a long time and decided to finally make an account. My name is williamh from The Netherlands.

After discovering ASR and the review section I've completely changed my audio setup at home. Using a Bluesound Node (first gen) and a Jungson JA-88D integrated amp driving DIY monitors with ScanSpeak Illuminator drivers (from Speakerland.nl) I was looking for something with a higher WAF. You know, "The General" wanted something more compact that can be easily hidden from sight in the living room.,

Based on user experiences on these forums I've purchased a Singxer SA-1, Topping D70s and, recently, the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC to drive the monitors. And I couldn't be more delighted with the result. Shows that hifi doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg these days.

Thank you everyone on the forum for their user experiences. Now I'm going to add mine as well.

Current hifi chain:
RPi4 with Volumio, connected to a DIY NAS with my music library in FLAC format -> USB -> Topping D70s DAC -> XLR -> Singxer SA-1 -> XLR -> Audiophonics MPA-250NC -> Kimber Kable 8PR -> DIY Speakerland mini monitors (with ScanSpeak Illuminator drivers).

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around here a long time and decided to finally make an account. My name is williamh from The Netherlands.

After discovering ASR and the review section I've completely changed my audio setup at home. Using a Bluesound Node (first gen) and a Jungson JA-88D integrated amp driving DIY monitors with ScanSpeak Illuminator drivers (from Speakerland.nl) I was looking for something with a higher WAF. You know, "The General" wanted something more compact that can be easily hidden from sight in the living room.,

Based on user experiences on these forums I've purchased a Singxer SA-1, Topping D70s and, recently, the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC to drive the monitors. And I couldn't be more delighted with the result. Shows that hifi doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg these days.

Thank you everyone on the forum for their user experiences. Now I'm going to add mine as well.

Current hifi chain:
RPi4 with Volumio, connected to a DIY NAS with my music library in FLAC format -> USB -> Topping D70s DAC -> XLR -> Singxer SA-1 -> XLR -> Audiophonics MPA-250NC -> Kimber Kable 8PR -> DIY Speakerland mini monitors (with ScanSpeak Illuminator drivers).
Welcome Aboard @williamh and thank you kindly for the Support and donation!

Sdjoka

Hello, I’ve always been drawn to music and patterns, being autistic with autistic kids/adults, music is my escape.
I love to hear it, feel it and see it.
Was my work setup, surprisingly lowes next door didnt lime hearing my stuff i their store.

Im here to learn, i have bottom dollar eqpt. Bur require top quality sound.

Attachments

• 7F217225-4641-4A3B-BFD2-4570FBBB55C8.jpeg
    7F217225-4641-4A3B-BFD2-4570FBBB55C8.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 77

Sdjoka

Hello, I’ve always been drawn to music and patterns, being autistic with autistic kids/adults, music is my escape.
I love to hear it, feel it and see it.
Was my work setup, surprisingly lowes next door didnt lime hearing my stuff i their store.

Apparently words arent my best suit grammar etc. but i just finishe a word fill in in 15 min ‍

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You've come to the right place* - welcome.

*you'll find here that price is not a good indicator of sound quality - often the opposite applies.

Sdjoka

You've come to the right place* - welcome.

*you'll find here that price is not a good indicator of sound quality - often the opposite applies.
Thank you, currently at home i have a 20yr old Denon av receiver with klipsch surround
For general purposes.

Waiting to start on my new garage where i get free reign when it comes to music.
It seems the Ion proglow 1500 is too much to contain the sound. I have a 2channel yamaha receiver and two 20year old sets of fisher 15” floor speakers and the kenwoods 10” i think,
Two klipsch r-15 bookshelfs 8” denon powered sub and kenwood 8” non powered sub. With the “sound bar” being made in the picture. Either im going for clearest high and lows of kickdrums
I also want it to be functional out of way, as i will be doing wood projects and 3d printing as well.
I learn like a sponge and my current goal is to bend light with sound.
They say it cant be done without tricks i.e mirrors vibrating, ive made bottles “jump” on this set up with bottles on the receiver. If it can travel that much it should be able to distort a laser with enough bass head on it will scatter looking for least resistance.

-Matt-

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I learn like a sponge and my current goal is to bend light with sound.
They say it cant be done without tricks i.e mirrors vibrating, ive made bottles “jump” on this set up with bottles on the receiver. If it can travel that much it should be able to distort a laser with enough bass head on it will scatter looking for least resistance.
Hmm, well this may interest you... acousto-optic phase modulation see publications part for links to papers.

Lalaland

Greetings all. I finally decided to register on the forum since I've been returning so many times over the past few years to seek answers and info.
I must say I'm humbled by all the knowledge of you guys, and probably will never come close. But audio gear and music has been a great interest (albeit on and off) for close to 30 years and started reading more, and measuring a bit a few years ago. I never could quite "fit in" with all the HiFi elitist highfalutin part of this stuff, probably partly because of my inquisitive nature and partly because of some background and interest for technical stuff and electronics.

For anyone seeing this, I wish you all a nice day

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I must say I'm humbled by all the knowledge of you guys, and probably will never come close.

That makes at least two of us.

Welcome!

kmidst

Hello! Been lurking awhile, coming here whenever I needed opinions on gear. Special thanks to Amir, he convinced me to go with Revel, and now I have a nice set from the Performa3 line as my first jump into hifi audio. Other notable gear I'm running is Anthem for the AVR, Rhythmik for the sub, and a pair of Monitor Audio for the rear surrounds. I'm starting to collect both CD and Vinyl, but only albums I'm really fond of. My favorite genres are metal and classical!
Cheers all

Top Bottom