• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Weird question about room treatment

Gorguts

Hello! I have a weird question.
My mom is doing cross stitching, so I wanted to ask, what do you think of cross stitch picture with wooden frame as a room treatment?
It's a fabric, without a glass and with a wooden frame - worth a try?
Thanks!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello! I have a weird question.
My mom is doing cross stitching, so I wanted to ask, what do you think of cross stitch picture with wooden frame as a room treatment?
It's a fabric, without a glass and with a wooden frame - worth a try?
Thanks!
Sure as a pleasing to the eye front to the absorptive material actually affecting the sound. So use the cross stitch stuff too hide the sound absorbing panel. The cross stitch fabric alone is virtually transparent to sound.

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just to be clear on what Doodski said, the cross stitch fabric and frame will do nothing for the sound. You first need some absorbent panels. It is these panels that can be covered with the cross stitched fabric.

If you are planning on making such panels then you have to be sure that the cross stitch fabric will not allow the absorbent material to escape into the room.

You can buy absorbent panels with your decorations on them, for example:

https://gikacoustics.co.uk/product-category/acoustic-art-panels/

Top Bottom