• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Weird Google search result regarding ASR

raindance

Major Contributor
Check this out - it appears to be a Wikipedia result, but the word "pseudo" somehow got added to the search result (it isn't in the article):

Audio Science Review is a pseudoscience-based discussion forum publishing independent reviews of audio equipment such as loudspeakers, amplifiers, and other digital and analog audio devices. ASR was founded in February 2016 by Amir Majidimehr, who resides in the area of Seattle, Washington in the USA.

@amirm - I'm sure this isn't the desired search result :facepalm:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Helicopter

Major Contributor
looks like someone fixed the article, but the Google bots haven't updated the excerpt to reflect the correction yet.

1624276053611.png

OP
R

raindance

Major Contributor
I can't post the search page as a link, it's from the Google app. But here's a screen shot:
20210621_075631.jpg

Hiten

When searching sometimes Google search shows old cached website reference. If you click down arrow on right of the title searched it shows 'cached'.
regards

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking at the revisions it does not indicated when or who made the nasty change to "Pseudoscience."
June 17. Just an anonymous user, IP address goes to Russia, so may be VPN.

I have a distaste people that do shit for giggles. I used Google Map Maker a lot in order to improve the navigation of my area and places I visit, yet because some knuckle heads made up a park in the shape of the Android logo pissing on the Apple logo:
150424100207-android-apple-640x360.png

And added the White House as Edward Snowden’s den:
1624279035993.jpeg

Google decided to scrap the website.

Google invited be to use their new Road Mapper website, but it’s just adding roads in 3rd world countries.

Last edited:
Top Bottom