• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

OctoEmu

I have been debating on how to weigh the data. I would like to know how the audio science community weighs these categories when determining the performance of headphones.
  • Soundstage
  • Frequency response consistency (changes from reseating on the system. ex: at 20hz, it is .75db higher during seating 1 than seating 2.)
  • Harmonic Distortion
  • Bass Accuracy (To a curve; does not matter which one)
  • Mid Accuracy (To a curve; does not matter which one)
  • Treble Accuracy (To a curve; does not matter which one)
  • Imaging
Personally, I would list them as (in order), 24%, 18%, 18%, 12%, 12%, 12%, 4%; so soundstage is worth 24% and Imaging is worth 4%.
I would appreciate it if you could give me your thoughts and opinions on this matter.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
Most of your points are repeatable, reproducible measurements. But 'Soundstage' and 'Imaging' are subjective opinions the will vary from listener to listener.

OP
OctoEmu

OctoEmu

Most of your points are repeatable, reproducible measurements. But 'Soundstage' and 'Imaging' are subjective opinions the will vary from listener to listener.
I understand what you are saying, but I'm looking for how people weigh the importance of each of these when listening or evaluating measurements.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
'Soundstage' and 'Imaging' are not that important to me

OTOH, I have a "thing" about getting crisp drum sounds

Top Bottom