• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Websites to save bookmarks?

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm curious what members are using. I have been using Google Bookmarks for a long time, but like many Google products when Google get bored of something it sort of just "exists" and bugs are left to be, like autocompleting tags was broken for several years. I feel comfortable using it since they seem to keep their services up forever. About 10 years ago I was using what was probably the first "social media" bookmarking site where if you had your profile set to public it would also show you how many other people had that bookmarked, a neat feature. Of course it would be no good for actual privacy reasons to leave your profile as public but the website and interface was fantastic. They either got bought out or out of business and their relaunched version was terrible.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I use Google for bookmarks in the cloud. It's beacoup convenient and it works good.
2791 bookmarked music videos and lotsa other bookmarks. :D

I use Pocket ( pocket dot com ) - for the past few years. It costs $5 a month, they offer a good service, descriptive tags, cloud storage, search on content or tags. Windows / Mac compatible.

AudiOhm

I have my own web site that I use with all the links I like, sports (NHL scores), audio, travel, hotels, etc.

This all came about when Netscape offered your own page with links, then they terminated the service, so I started my own.

I have 11 sites that are used by family and friends...

Ohms

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use Mozilla

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m curious why you wouldn’t just use the bookmarking functionality built into your primary web browser?
Mozilla is Firefox, and I use the bookmarking in the browser. It also syncs between all my devices.

AudiOhm

An example of a home page I create for friends and relatives to use.

This one is mine, and has just about every link that I use...

ASR's Page

Ohms

Katji

Major Contributor
1645281296151.png

Zek

Major Contributor
Mozilla is Firefox, and I use the bookmarking in the browser. It also syncs between all my devices.
... and you can export all bookmarks as .htm file and use on other device.

Top Bottom