• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Webinar about Dirac Live Bass Control

Flak

Industry Insider
Reactions: SIY

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very informative program, thanks for sharing. I really like the crossover setting tool and combined subs+speakers target curves.

One suggestion for some features that are interesting to nerds like me while keeping the tool straightforward for people who just want to run and go: an "advanced" or "expert" (or "supercilious twit" if you prefer) mode with finer grained controls such as maximum gain limits on individual subwoofer.

Also, you guys still need to let users access the measurement tools to set up the system prior to calibration. :)

Also, the video made me miss the review Bryston SP4 I had for a couple months. StormAudio's web interface is extraordinarily flexible, and easy enough to get around once you get your bearings. If that processor had worked seamlessly with our Harmony remote, I probably would've asked Bryston if I could buy it despite the price.

Pultzar

I can't wait to try this technology. Either when the HTP-1 gets it or if I pull the trigger on a Storm Audio device. Still investigating where to even buy one of those in the USA...

Krobar

I can't wait to try this technology. Either when the HTP-1 gets it or if I pull the trigger on a Storm Audio device. Still investigating where to even buy one of those in the USA...

The webinar was quite interesting. Made me chuckle a few times the differences in views between Jakob and the Storm chap (Jakob was interested in bringing better audio to the masses; obviously Storm don't trarget that market :) )

Would be awesome if you could send a Storm Mk2 to Amir. The measurements I saw for the Lyngdorf, Trinnov, Monoprice and Storm showed even the Storm Mk1 did ok (Quite well for ITU-R 468 test) and they made a lot of improvements in the power supply section for the Mk2 so I genuinely believe it has a good shot at getting a happy panther.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will there be a trial version of Dirac Bass Control for processors that do not include it in the basic package?

- Rich

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
OP
Flak

Flak

Industry Insider
Thanks for asking but both are still in progress, sorry :(
We have to cooperate with several manufacturers about integration and this has taken priority over the release of new products

DLxP

The measurements I saw for the Lyngdorf, Trinnov, Monoprice and Storm showed even the Storm Mk1 did ok (Quite well for ITU-R 468 test) and they made a lot of improvements in the power supply section for the Mk2 so I genuinely believe it has a good shot at getting a happy panther.
Where did you see those measurements if you don't mind me asking?

Top Bottom