• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We need a Hip Hop thread.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

OK.. I'll chime in

If it hasn't already been mentioned, one of the best music albums... HevaH!
71SKglUax2L._SX425_.jpg

carewser

I've never considered (c)rap or hip hop music as the performers neither play instruments nor sing though it can be good for testing bass. All the posing and strutting around in the videos I find phony and annoying as well but I guess they have to do something since they have no instruments. The young guy that sold me his paradigm sub urged me to listen to:

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've never considered (c)rap or hip hop music as the performers neither play instruments nor sing though it can be good for testing bass. All the posing and strutting around in the videos I find phony and annoying as well but I guess they have to do something since they have no instruments. The young guy that sold me his paradigm sub urged me to listen to:

For perspective.. Jazz, one of the most celebrated form of music was in the beginning considered as crap too.. So ...
Now if you are not interested in a genre ... why crap on the thread?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Its not a genre that floats my boat much either, but I wouldn't deny it is music. The posturing is no different to the affectations of goths, hippies, folkies and the rest of the stereotypes that exist in popular music.

carewser

For perspective.. Jazz, one of the most celebrated form of music was in the beginning considered as crap too.. So ...
Now if you are not interested in a genre ... why crap on the thread?
I'm not a fan of jazz either actually but the difference is, jazz involves singing and/or playing instruments thus it is music. My genre is rock which my dad hated when I was growing up because he said they yelled rather than sang and while that's not true of most rock groups, I understand why he thought that. Regardless, they must possess an acute ability to play an instrument(s). The only talent required to be a rapper is the ability to rhyme which most elementary school kids possess.

By the way I contributed a song so I didn't just (c)rap on the thread. Here's another one I don't mind:

This one's aight too:

Last edited:
Top Bottom