• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

06S2k07Si

It’s going to be a knockoff. However, just like the Ampire (D10 knockoff), it would be interesting to see how much worse it is.
Yeah I saw that...And probably, but I'm curious about this one...

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor

Memonic

Dear all.
I have acquired a Yamaha rn803d receiver. My father has a pair of jbl tlx 14 (8ohms,91db,2bias)
It's a good combination?
Are these speakers at the same level of quality as the Yamaha receiver.?
I like rock and pop músic, I will install the hi-fi equipment in a room of 30m2
I'm thinking to acquire a subwoofer, could be necessary?.
thanks for your responses and kind regards. Happy Christmas

TimF

Forum Donor
Oh, I suppose you are soliciting a contribution and I will again send some money ($'s or yen or renminbi?). This site has help me move up from being a damned fool to a fool, and as such I've saved a lot of money. Not your fault but I wonder if your review of the Gustard X16 was a review of one of those legendary products that rise to the level of mythic but that no one except a couple reviewers remembers actually seeing or hearing. And I suppose the reviewer by coincidence doesn't actually have the product to show us any longer. It has disappeared. Poof. Oh but really, someone in France actually has one and it is splendid--most splendid, magic and magically splendid.

CausticStorm

Forum Donor
I'll be mailing it to Amir this weekend.

But if your is coax out, isn't it a digital IO only, rather than a DAC?

I have two different versions, one is the coax hifiberry head that I use with an external DAC, and another hifiberry head with RCA out.

Are you sending just the head or complete with Pi running a player? Just curious if he is equipped to test these as they aren't exactly stand-alone?

I can mail my board as well, would be good to compare them side-by-side if possible.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I have two different versions, one is the coax hifiberry head that I use with an external DAC, and another hifiberry head with RCA out.

Are you sending just the head or complete with Pi running a player? Just curious if he is equipped to test these as they aren't exactly stand-alone?

I can mail my board as well, would be good to compare them side-by-side if possible.

Sending everything -- fully functional Roon endpoint running Ropieee.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

CausticStorm

Forum Donor
I don't think Amir wants to take things apart and reconfigure/build things.

Wasn't suggesting that, as you know these dac boards are easily swapped but I am not sure about your specific implementation or Roon. I use mine with Pi+Volumio . If the HAT on yours comes off and there is no reconfiguration involved in the software, then that keeps things more simple. If it does not, then it doesn't.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Wasn't suggesting that, as you know these dac boards are easily swapped but I am not sure about your specific implementation or Roon. I use mine with Pi+Volumio . If the HAT on yours comes off and there is no reconfiguration involved in the software, then that keeps things more simple. If it does not, then it doesn't.

It comes off.

But Ropieee requires a reconfiguration if you change HATs.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Orly67

Hello Guys, i have a project for to build a speaker in my briefcase. Dimensions are 6 cm P x 25 cm H x 36 cm L .how do we calculate the right speakers that will play correctly with these dimensions. Is there any software for that? Thanks so much and sorry for my bad english.

Top Bottom