• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

Ellisr63

Amirm, where abouts are you located? I have a friend in the San Francisco area that might be interested in sending a Yamaha Integrated amp in for testing.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amirm, where abouts are you located? I have a friend in the San Francisco area that might be interested in sending a Yamaha Integrated amp in for testing.
I live in Seattle area so shipping especially with UPS is very reasonable from where you are.

sresener

I really wish I was still living on the west coast as I would love to see my Mytek Manhattan II and Nuprime evolution amps measured.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can someone in the US sent Amirm (if interested) a NAD C370 2 years in a row (2000 an 2001) amplifier of the year. It was one of the best/older sounding amps NAD ever build. Iám curious how it compairs to the class D amplifiers. The specifications https://www.stereophile.com/content/nad-c370-integrated-amplifier-specifications
It exeeds it specifications quite. https://www.stereophile.com/content/nad-c370-integrated-amplifier-measurements-part-2
I have one but using it daily an to sent this by post from holland is not so practical an a long way.

Last edited:

Koeitje

Major Contributor
If I'd lived in the US I probably would have shipped my Marantz PM-16 to him and my Scan Speak Reference Monitors....too bad :D

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I'd lived in the US I probably would have shipped my Marantz PM-16 to him and my Scan Speak Reference Monitors....too bad :D
Seeing your name you must come from holland too.;)

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Would anyone be interested in measuring a Revel Performa M22 speaker? I have an extra one (other one is serving as center channel) that I can loan for a while. Its 2nd generation Performa and therefore discontinued, but there wasn't much written about the M22 as the floorstanders seemed to get all the press.

Amirm - you just need a single speaker, correct?

Alexander M

I make for myself and custom Hi-End software audio players for Windows. Some variations can be seen here: https://clearsound.club/#
If someone is interested in thorough testing, I can make a special version for this.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Would anyone be interested in measuring a Revel Performa M22 speaker? I have an extra one (other one is serving as center channel) that I can loan for a while. Its 2nd generation Performa and therefore discontinued, but there wasn't much written about the M22 as the floorstanders seemed to get all the press.

Amirm - you just need a single speaker, correct?
Yes, only one speaker. Start a conversation with me and we can decide if it makes sense to measure it.

klipsch

Anything from D-sonic or the Pascal xpro line been measured? It did not seem to be the case in my search.

Juicehifi

Audio Company
amirm,

Would you interested in testing Audiolense?

You could measure the usual DSP stuff which is always interesting.

But you could take it further and measure how dsp in general influences other measures, such as amp distortion, speaker distortion etc.

I did some simulations a few years ago. The results suggested that a pure frequency correction basically gave the same work load on average as no correction. It goes without saying that music which is heavy on bass frequencies & and a correction that amplifies the same frequencies can be challenging to the speakers. Apart from that I could not spot a difference.

With time domain correction (which was even more tasking in Audiolense back then than now) the increased load was equal to 1dB more sound pressure. I used random noise for the simulations, so this test was far from extensive. This is more or less uncharted territory and I believe a lot of folks would be interested.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
amirm,

Would you interested in testing Audiolense?
Sure but what would I measure and how? Do you have a platform in mind to test it on? Please start a conversation with me and we can take it from there.

Voo

amirm, I have a 20 yr old or so original msb link dac. is this something of interest to review?

handyrandyrc

Hello, sir! Long time listener, first-time caller. For testing, I would like to offer my tiny Fiio A1 headphone amplifier. They cost less than 25 dollars on Amazon. I believe it's based on this chip: http://www.ti.com/product/TPA6130A2

Any interest in this entry-level amp? I'm willing to pay shipping both ways from where I live in Salt Lake to/from Seattle.

ed3lva

Hello,
New to the forum and really enjoying it. I was wondering if you’ll be interested in reviewing an NHT Power2 amplifier?

I wanted to add that I also have a Logitech Squeezebox Touch if interested.

Thanks.

Edgar

Last edited:
Top Bottom