• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello @folzag. Thanks for the kind words. Yes, i would be interested in reviewing the HAP-S1. Please give me a couple of weeks and then start a conversation with me to coordinate sending it in.

Haze

The EVGA Nu Audio soundcard might be well worth a look. No idea how it sounds but EVGA is the first new player in the PC soundcard space in years.

scibry

The EVGA Nu Audio soundcard might be well worth a look. No idea how it sounds but EVGA is the first new player in the PC soundcard space in years.

It looks really interesting to me. Theoretically 2 watt output? (did not specify at what distortion level, however), in a PC package? I'd love to have my gear inside my PC.

Rhynri

Still in for this one.

Literally made an account here to say "don't get this". While the surround sound tech Sennheiser used in the GSX 1000 is, quite frankly, completely nuts awesome, the actual audio quality of the unit itself gets its butt handed to it by almost every headphone jack carrying device I've ever owned, including (drastically) a Soundblaster e5, the on-board port on every mobo i've owned since 2006, the lightning adapter for an iPhone, the (damaged) phone jack itself... need I go on? It's very, very weak and lean sounding into Sennheiser G4ME Zeros. I cringe every time I type that name, but it's basically a 598 [IIRC] in headset form, so they good sound.

But still, that surround sound tech is the most convincing thing I've heard out of two speakers, and I'm almost tempted to get (another) one and take a soldering iron to it.

folzag

Literally made an account here to say "don't get this". While the surround sound tech Sennheiser used in the GSX 1000 is, quite frankly, completely nuts awesome, the actual audio quality of the unit itself gets its butt handed to it by almost every headphone jack carrying device I've ever owned, including (drastically) a Soundblaster e5, the on-board port on every mobo i've owned since 2006, the lightning adapter for an iPhone, the (damaged) phone jack itself... need I go on? It's very, very weak and lean sounding into Sennheiser G4ME Zeros. I cringe every time I type that name, but it's basically a 598 [IIRC] in headset form, so they good sound.

But still, that surround sound tech is the most convincing thing I've heard out of two speakers, and I'm almost tempted to get (another) one and take a soldering iron to it.

Interesting. I infer you don't have it anymore, but an easy verification would be use it like a DAC and run the output into a really clean headphone amp.

Sin Hizer

I am looking for the measurements.

Rhynri

I am looking for the measurements.
And if I still had it I'd be glad to measure it for you. Unfortunately, it only spent about two days outside it's package before it went back. But yes, I'm sorry for not having more concrete data for you.

Azeendeen

Any plans on testing out some Chinese dac/amp? Specifically the HPA-3u+ from matrix audio 419$ and yulong daart canary for 270$ . The price I got for the matrix was from their website and for the Yulong it was on shenzenaudio .

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Any plans on testing out some Chinese dac/amp? Specifically the HPA-3u+ from matrix audio 419$ and yulong daart canary for 270$ . The price I got for the matrix was from their website and for the Yulong it was on shenzenaudio .

Aren't the Topping and SMSL lines also Chinese?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No plans. But that Yulong seems kind of ugly:

9583939.jpg

Seems like it is made out of plastic and the bottom melted out. :)

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
No plans. But that Yulong seems kind of ugly:

9583939.jpg

Seems like it is made out of plastic and the bottom melted out. :)

That would blend well with......well, nothing I would hook it up to, actually.

But the organic, flowing shape would not look out of place on top of my toilet tank.

Maybe it's time for a dedicated bathroom headphone rig....

shanecoughlan

Forum Donor
Hi @amirm, not sure if you have reviewed the Verum 1 yet. If not, happy to share it onward for testing when my pair arrives.

Veri

Master Contributor
Hi @amirm, not sure if you have reviewed the Verum 1 yet. If not, happy to share it onward for testing when my pair arrives.
I'm not sure amir has any dedicated headphone reviews so far. (lol) :) especially considering the audio equipment thread, I don't think speaker/headphone drivers fall into this particular category

shanecoughlan

Forum Donor
I'm not sure amir has any dedicated headphone reviews so far. (lol) :) especially considering the audio equipment thread, I don't think speaker/headphone drivers fall into this particular category

Understood :) I just thought it might be of interest due to having handmade Planar drivers that are also being prepped for speaker products according to the creator.

tktran303

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@amirm

Sorry if I missed this before, but what state are you in?

It wouldn’t be feasible to ship from Australia, but from July, I’ll be in British Columbia, Canada

I have various modern DACs, Class D amps eg.
Hypex nCore400 + Hypex SMPS600 mono amp
Hypex nCore400 x2 + Hypex SMPS1200 stereo amps
Hypex Ucd400MP (UCD400 with built in power supply) stereo amp
Apple iPhone Lightning to 3.5mm dock/stand
FiiO BTR1k tiny portable headphone dac/amp
MiniDSP DDRC24-DA (Dirac 2.0 enabled D/A convertor)

Let me know if any of those sound interesting...

Top Bottom