• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

Phos

I thought they just said they didn't make any claims but it looks like they made claims.

SoNic

I am interested to have my WEILIANG AUDIO E600 tested. Unless it was done already.
This the amp:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I am interested to have my WEILIANG AUDIO E600 tested. Unless it was done already.
This the amp:
Start a PM with @amirm to work out the details.

N1ghtcrawl3r

Hi Amir,

I have a Tonewinner AT300 Pre/Pro that I could possibly send in for measurement. I'm currently in between houses so I have a couple of weeks where its sitting unused in storage. I'm in Toronto, ON. Let me know if you'd be interested in measuring it.

DudleyDuoflush

Forum Donor
I never understood it (I’ve seen cryro-treated cables). What happens when it thaws and goes back to room temp?

So, they're dunking the tubes in liquid nitrogen and getting you to pay for the privilege. I'm in the wrong business.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hi Amir,

I have a Tonewinner AT300 Pre/Pro that I could possibly send in for measurement. I'm currently in between houses so I have a couple of weeks where its sitting unused in storage. I'm in Toronto, ON. Let me know if you'd be interested in measuring it.
You will get a faster response if you send this message via PM to @amirm

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi Amir,

Did you ever end up getting in touch with him? I'm looking at buying one of these. Seems like one of the cheapest full featured options with XLR output for my surround sound system.

CINERAMAX

Dealer
Would this speaker be of interest? It is a fantastic enclosure, and coaxial so very cohesive, I have one I can send...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Looks close to the one I have already tested:

CINERAMAX

Dealer
This is the one that I am motivated to send, it is really stylish, I mixed it with an aluminum grille instead of blue, more concerned about the 45-1000 as I would like to send the enclosure to Me Gethain for them to convert it into a RL-904 (maybe active). The surround speaker flanking a sofa position requires something that performs well but that also looks good, the front and ceilings are easy to hide but there is a need for a good looking midfield speaker.

Attachments

• EM+1.png
    EM+1.png
    827.7 KB · Views: 121
  • me ball.PNG
    me ball.PNG
    645.7 KB · Views: 119
  • the shrine of quad.JPG
    the shrine of quad.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 128

tmukh

I have a pair of the now discontinued Emotiva XPA-100 monoblocks. I can live without them and just use my Denon receiver's amplification for a while if needed.

In general are discontinued models of interest for testing by Amir?

AdamG

Forum Donor
I have a pair of the now discontinued Emotiva XPA-100 monoblocks. I can live without them and just use my Denon receiver's amplification for a while if needed.

In general are discontinued models of interest for testing by Amir?
You will get a faster response if you send this message via PM to @amirm. ;)

MTBDoc

Longtime lurker, have imbibed the koolaid for many years, you have guided purchases (such as my beloved Denon AVR-X3600H) and validated my ancient love of all things Oppo. I have just purchased the Hidizs AP80-ProX and await delivery. I was thinking this would be easy enough to send for testing if it wouldn’t be a long wait. And yes, I’ll send a pm, but am still making a public statement as I’ve seen others request testing of these devices.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Longtime lurker, have imbibed the koolaid for many years, you have guided purchases (such as my beloved Denon AVR-X3600H) and validated my ancient love of all things Oppo. I have just purchased the Hidizs AP80-ProX and await delivery. I was thinking this would be easy enough to send for testing if it wouldn’t be a long wait. And yes, I’ll send a pm, but am still making a public statement as I’ve seen others request testing of these devices.
Welcome Aboard @MTBDoc . We are happy you decided to join our merry and occasionally grumpy Team. Sending @amirm a pm is the best method. You can get the ball rolling and work out shipping and delivery schedules that way. ;)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought they just said they didn't make any claims but it looks like they made claims.
Of coiurse. And not just that they're totally chillin', either.

stjernholmreviews

Yes, you read the title right. If you have audio gear that you like to see objectively measured with professional equipment, we (I) may be interested in doing that for you and our readers.

There is so little objective data on equipment today. Even if you are not an "objectivists" it pays to contribute to gathering some data to weed out poorly engineering products of which, there are many. Electronic design and building of audio equipment has become much easier today, allowing so many unqualified people to get in the business and building potentially unsafe and non-performant equipment. It is important for data to show such poor practices.

At the same time, there are also superbly designed equipment and they deserve standing out from the crowd and dust of all the other gear.

Also of interest is the proliferation of so many audio tweaks including many for digital and computer based audio. Previous assumption has been that what they do is not "measureable." Our record so far shows that we can easily measure their contributions if any exists. Indeed we have found a number of cases where these products actually injected noise and distortion into audio path where non existed before!

I set out originally to purchase and measure equipment myself. Alas, the budget required is massive. I will continue to contribute out of my own pocket to purchase gear but no sense in spending my limited dollars on what some of you may already own.

For convenience sake, the program likely works best for small and lighter gear where shipping and transport is easy. That rules out speakers, large amplifiers, etc, leaving devices that can be shipped reasonably for $20 to $30. In many cases I am willing to pay out of my own pocket to return the gear. So the only cost to you would be shipping to me.

This program has been informally working in the last few months and very well. I have measured and published a number of reviews and measurements with loaned equipment.

If you are interested in participating, all you have to do is "start a conversation with me" by clicking on my name/avatar and we can work out the logistics. Please note that in most cases I need to make the time to measure things so you will be without the gear for a week or two. Possibly more. But we can coordinate that in the prior arrangement. If it is equipment of high interest, I can literally turn around the view in a day or two.

Also, there is some risk of gear getting lost, damaged, etc. The type of products we are talking about is quite robust in this regard, but it can still happen. I pay for some insurance when I ship things back to at least recover some of the cost should the post office screw it up. So far we have not had any issues.

So let's join hands and work together to create a large and useful library of objective, reliable and repeatable data for users to make good decisions in purchasing audio equipment, and to guide manufacturers to build better products.

Speaking of manufacturers, I am more than happy to see them participate too and indeed a number have. I make no assurance whatsoever of happy outcome should you loan me the equipment. What I can promise is supporting you in troubleshooting problems that are revealed in my testing and review.

Thanks in advance for those of you who participate.
For some reason, its not possible for me to send you a message. Please try to start a conversation with me. Got a interesting product for testing!

Yes, you read the title right. If you have audio gear that you like to see objectively measured with professional equipment, we (I) may be interested in doing that for you and our readers.

There is so little objective data on equipment today. Even if you are not an "objectivists" it pays to contribute to gathering some data to weed out poorly engineering products of which, there are many. Electronic design and building of audio equipment has become much easier today, allowing so many unqualified people to get in the business and building potentially unsafe and non-performant equipment. It is important for data to show such poor practices.

At the same time, there are also superbly designed equipment and they deserve standing out from the crowd and dust of all the other gear.

Also of interest is the proliferation of so many audio tweaks including many for digital and computer based audio. Previous assumption has been that what they do is not "measureable." Our record so far shows that we can easily measure their contributions if any exists. Indeed we have found a number of cases where these products actually injected noise and distortion into audio path where non existed before!

I set out originally to purchase and measure equipment myself. Alas, the budget required is massive. I will continue to contribute out of my own pocket to purchase gear but no sense in spending my limited dollars on what some of you may already own.

For convenience sake, the program likely works best for small and lighter gear where shipping and transport is easy. That rules out speakers, large amplifiers, etc, leaving devices that can be shipped reasonably for $20 to $30. In many cases I am willing to pay out of my own pocket to return the gear. So the only cost to you would be shipping to me.

This program has been informally working in the last few months and very well. I have measured and published a number of reviews and measurements with loaned equipment.

If you are interested in participating, all you have to do is "start a conversation with me" by clicking on my name/avatar and we can work out the logistics. Please note that in most cases I need to make the time to measure things so you will be without the gear for a week or two. Possibly more. But we can coordinate that in the prior arrangement. If it is equipment of high interest, I can literally turn around the view in a day or two.

Also, there is some risk of gear getting lost, damaged, etc. The type of products we are talking about is quite robust in this regard, but it can still happen. I pay for some insurance when I ship things back to at least recover some of the cost should the post office screw it up. So far we have not had any issues.

So let's join hands and work together to create a large and useful library of objective, reliable and repeatable data for users to make good decisions in purchasing audio equipment, and to guide manufacturers to build better products.

Speaking of manufacturers, I am more than happy to see them participate too and indeed a number have. I make no assurance whatsoever of happy outcome should you loan me the equipment. What I can promise is supporting you in troubleshooting problems that are revealed in my testing and review.

Thanks in advance for those of you who participate.
I build custom cables I would be happy to send you a cable to review, please let me know how to get it to you.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Top Bottom