• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

Veri

Master Contributor
Yeah I'm in the market for something else, eyeing the monolith 887. Not sure on the DAC, might just use the analog out on my x-fi for a bit. Good volume knob on the NFB-5, though.
Hehe. Knobs matter :) Do you need balanced? If not, I'm quite happy with my Topping L30, sound knob and value wise.

dtx311

@amirm

I have an older Audio-gd "Fun" (yes, that is the model name) amp/DAC combo unit. I bought it used from someone for $150 CAD about 8 years ago

I recently came across some threads that question the safety in the design of Audio-gd products. I can't stomach potentially setting my house ablaze so I have decided to replace it with a Magni and some DAC in the near future.

Do you think there would be any interest in reviewing the Audio-gd unit (both from your end, as well as the community members)?
I doubt there would be much interest, given its age, and considering not many people have this unit. It might be able to serve as something for the community to laugh at though :p

Phos

Yeah I was also thinking about sending amir my NFB-5 once I get something else that can power my HE-500's, but given that it's long discontinued the only value I could see in the process was testing my theory that Audio-GD equipment has an inversely proportional relationship between cost and how well it measures.

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
Can you measure wet string as it is getting some nice reviews on a few forums as speaker cable. ???:)
You would be most welcome to test some of our new cables out.

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning

EdTice

I'd be interested in what's under their grills.
Innuendos aside, under the grill is a two-way coaxial system which makes them actually useful in a horizontal configuration rather than just happening to have a wedge shape. They are largely pro-audio targeted and they have the holes to put them on stands where the triangle portion would be at the bottom. That's the great thing about coaxials. They are versatile in setup position. Also makes them fit into a corner well if you care to do so. 15" drivers really are too large for me and I'd probably go with their smaller (and cheaper) 12" cousin. Also an offer to send one of those to Amir for testing.

mightycicadalord

Innuendos aside, under the grill is a two-way coaxial system which makes them actually useful in a horizontal configuration rather than just happening to have a wedge shape. They are largely pro-audio targeted and they have the holes to put them on stands where the triangle portion would be at the bottom. That's the great thing about coaxials. They are versatile in setup position. Also makes them fit into a corner well if you care to do so. 15" drivers really are too large for me and I'd probably go with their smaller (and cheaper) 12" cousin. Also an offer to send one of those to Amir for testing.

Yeah I know the loading, I'm curious what drivers are being used, what the internals look like. I work in live sound fwiw.

Garrincha

Hi, I am from Germany and while the Sennheiser Headphones fair pretty well with the measurements, the Beyerdynamic's ones do not seem to do so. This surprises me as both brands for me seem to play in the same range. Furthermore I own a Sennheiser HD 650, which was reviewed positively, and a Beyerdynamics DT 1990 Pro, which I actually do prefer and which wasn't reviewed yet. So I am eager to see some measurements and generell judgements. Thanks, great page!

Euphoria

Greeting, can you please measure the Corsair Virtuoso headset? I know this is a gaming headset, not musical one, but I see a lot of potential in the Corsair iCUE software. I have done some random EQ tuning there only base on my amateur ear, and it already sound very different, far better than normal IMO. So I wonder, if it get hand on by a professional with proper equipment, maybe he can get the best out of this headset.
Sadly, I am from a far away region so I can't send you my own pair, but I hope you can find a way to get a pair for testing out. It would be best if you purchase one for yourself, because I think it is a very decent headset with many useful functions (the earpad maybe a little small, I have changed it to an aftermarket pad with better sound insulation and much more fluffy).
Thank you and have a good day!

BOLNICHKA39

Hello, I would like to see a review of the creative soundblaster ae9, I did not find a review on this site and would like to know if it justifies its price and is it really good? Thank you

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello, I would like to see a review of the creative soundblaster ae9, I did not find a review on this site and would like to know if it justifies its price and is it really good? Thank you
Do you own the Creative Sound blaster AE9? If you do, send it in to Amir for measurements, and you'll have a review to look through.

• Any and all reviews on ASR are performed on items sent in to Amir for measurements. Amir personally does not go out and purchase any items for reviews unless he deems to own it for his personal use.

EdTice

Do you own the Creative Sound blaster AE9? If you do, send it in to Amir for measurements, and you'll have a review to look through.

• Any and all reviews on ASR are performed on items sent in to Amir for measurements. Amir personally does not go out and purchase any items for reviews unless he deems to own it for his personal use.
I've emailed Amir ahead of time to make sure its something he's willing to measure. Even better if you don't own it. Buy it and have it shipped to Amir. Send a donation to cover the testing and return postage to you. Or if it measures awful, have him send it back to the retailer! :)

tknx

I am working on an Aurora Borealis clone that is 3D printed. Is that something I could send for review?

Garrincha

Hi, I would really like to know how the really expensive supposedly high-end DACS from companies like Weiss, EMM, dCS, MSB , mbl measure, especially in comparison to the current best in the list.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi, I would really like to know how the really expensive supposedly high-end DACS from companies like Weiss, EMM, dCS, MSB , mbl measure, especially in comparison to the current best in the list.
Me too. :) Problem is finding someone who is willing to loan them to me for testing. Please send a message to the companies and see if they are willing to send one in.

Top Bottom