• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We are ready to launch an upgraded version of A07 Pro. Can you tell us what functions do you hope to add to A07?

Tangband

Major Contributor
@AIYIMA I think that most of us want just a quality power amplifier (maybe with adjustable gain/volume). All other functions (digital inputs, bluetooth, remote control) can be had with a variety of dacs.
I would buy two amplifiers if Aiyima releases a power amp.

narx

@AIYIMA You have the possibility to create a reference product for class d amplifiers if you build it with quality components but without making it a kind of All in One (bluetooth, too many connections etc...) I personally hope in 2.1 with precisely selectable frequency cut, headphone output, pffb, better op built in Power supply. I think it would become a reference product in the price range.

P.s
The marketing experts are you, but in my modest opinion it would be better to make it a different product even in the name (for example A09 rather than A07 pro) or for those who have already purchased A07 it might seem like a mockery ...

Agreed, but I guess the reality is that different people have a different idea about what is extra. To me, a sub out, crossover, and headphone amp are examples of things that turn a simple stereo amp into an all-in-one kind of unit.

The things that seem indisputably essential to me are two stereo analog channels of power amplification with a volume control and a power supply. It's surprising to me that even that includes an "extra" for some (the volume control), but it helps demonstrate why it's hard for a company to make decisions about what to include.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another vote for no dac, no bluetooth, no bells and whistles. Just a high performing power amp would do. :) A dedicated subwoofer out would definitely come in handy, though!

robertospeed

Another vote for no dac, no bluetooth, no bells and whistles. Just a high performing power amp would do. :) A dedicated subwoofer out would definitely come in handy, though!
I think like Vict0r, maybe with subwoofer output and other rca inputs it would be perfect, and if you can also set the motorized volume with the remote control to raise and lower the volume it would be great.

cyberzigot

@AIYIMA , I saw the video on the prototype improved a07. With a bigger chassis, it will be good to offer 2 rca inputs and a selector. That would really separate this product from tons of other desktop amp out there.
Drop the treble and bass knobs

Last edited:
OP
AIYIMA

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Is there an estimate of when this may be available in the US? Getting ready to buy. Thanks
It should be launched at the end of the month, but it will take a month or two for Amazon to arrive.

Bushellj

It should be launched at the end of the month, but it will take a month or two for Amazon to arrive.

I understand that Aiyima and Tilear are the same company and the product offered appear to be identical. I have purchased several of your amplifiers over the last 12 months - First the original unbranded Aiyima A07 (No Anti Pop !) then a branded Aiyima A04 (Green PCB but with the Elma 3000uF Capacitors) and then recently having specifically ordered an original Black PCB "Tilear XZD-1752", I received an amplifier branded as a "Tilear XZD-1752 Pro" ?? This has the same Green PCB and downgraded, generic 2,200uF Power Supply Capacitors as well as other makes of Capacitors in the Signal path.

As a customer, once you have made a good performing amplifier such as the Aiyima A04 which has been getting excellent reviews it is really unacceptable for your Retail outlet and other resellers to continue to sell these products based on the original specification and photographs when what is being shipped is quite different. I am losing the trust in your company to actually manufacture and ship the products that you are advertising.

The video of the "New" A07 just appears to be a copy of the Breeze line of products. If you are planning on going down the cheap integrated amplifier route with this type of product the people on these Groups are going to lose interest very quickly.

I am with a lot of people that feel that things like USB, Optical, Bluetooth etc. are a waste of time as anyone using these technologies will probably want to use a DAC that costs more than these amplifiers. What I would like to see would be a remote control for the volume so that they can easily be used in an AV type of environment and possibly a couple of RCA Analogue Inputs rather than just one.

Bluetooth technology moves forward so quickly that having it fixed on the PCB means it is out of date very quickly - People want HD now and still most vendors are pushing the old technologies.

From my experience with the TPA325x based amplifiers, I actually think the TPA3251 based models generally perform better unless you spend well over $100 for a TPA3255 based model. Lower voltages mean cheaper components and better Power Supply Capacitors etc. Most of us don't need 300W per channel in a domestic situation - Lower Power but Sound Quality is far more important.

You really made a wonderful little amplifier with the original Tilear XZD-1752 / Aiyima A04 (Black PCB) and generated a good following with lots of people looking at upgrades to make it even better. Please don't lose your way with a lack of innovation and start making mass produced, mediocre copies of competitors products. You can clearly do better than this and I would like to see a genuinely improved specification on the A04 (with good quality components) as well as an audiophile (Fever) version of the A07.

From the DIY Upgrading Community, of which I am a member, it would be really useful if you were to provide the circuit diagrams for the amplifiers so we don't have to guess the functions of the circuit by trial and error !! With a little work, the DIY Community are getting these amplifiers to a level of performance where they are competing on Sound Quality with $500 or even $1000 products. Some of the modifications could easily be incorporated into future products as they are generally quite simple and often only add some cheap bypass capacitors in the right places or a better supply to the Op-Amps.

Also any product with built in High Voltage (110 or 250 volts) Power Supply needs to be earthed and should really meet the international safety regulations. The advantage of an external supply is that you don't have to meet the high voltage regulations. Some of your competitors - even though they use a three pin plug with an earth, only connect the two live wires internally. This is just waiting for an accident to happen.

Please just bring us some quality products - You have done it before !!

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
I hope the versions under development will include a power supply and thermal management commensurate with the performance potential of the TPA3255 chip, along with a correctly wired 3.5mm input jack. FWIW, I care not one whit about barely audible -- if at all -- op-amp swapping or Bluetooth capability, the latter of which has no place in a power amplifier IMO. Another good idea would be to incorporate a little EQ in the op-amp stage to correct for the minor frequency response dip Amir measured at high frequencies -- I'm too old to hear that flaw myself, but many younger customers with good speakers might appreciate that modest and easy to implement improvement.

Thanks in advance from a happy owner of two A07s!

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Also any product with built in High Voltage (110 or 250 volts) Power Supply needs to be earthed and should really meet the international safety regulations. The advantage of an external supply is that you don't have to meet the high voltage regulations. Some of your competitors - even though they use a three pin plug with an earth, only connect the two live wires internally. This is just waiting for an accident to happen.
International safety regulations include Class II for mains connected devices that don't require a safety earth, and would be acceptable if followed. What we've seen in some of the photos are devices that don't have a safety earth connection, and don't respect the greater insulation / air gap requirements to meet Class II. Devices like that will be called out as being dangerous.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Standby mode with auto turn on when there is a signal at one of the inputs. (Or at least Trigger in)

This is a game changer.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It would also be good to offer a fitting power supply.
+1. I dont want to shop for a power supply after buying the amp, so the most optimal power supply included would be good.

ClassicGuy

Features I would like:
2. Bluetooth
7. Remote control
7. A sub out to support active subwoofers.

Please don't support passive subwoofers. Very few people use them.

alex.r

Really want to replace my nad d3020, which is used with TV:
1. Fiber coaxial to connect to TV spdif-out
3. 2.1CH, but not my main request.
7. Another:
7.1. - "12 v trigger in", currently i am using converter 5v USB to 12v converter to trigger nad d3020, so it starts when TV in switched ON, and turn off when TV is turned off OR turn on|off it by signal in fiber.
7.2. - IR learning to control it from TV remote (in my case VOLUME+- is more than enough).

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
Really want to replace my nad d3020, which is used with TV:
1. Fiber coaxial to connect to TV spdif-out
3. 2.1CH, but not my main request.
7. Another:
7.1. - "12 v trigger in", currently i am using converter 5v USB to 12v converter to trigger nad d3020, so it starts when TV in switched ON, and turn off when TV is turned off OR turn on|off it by signal in fiber.
7.2. - IR learning to control it from TV remote (in my case VOLUME+- is more than enough).

That's a recipe for a much more elaborate and expensive product -- way beyond a simple power amp like the A07.

Top Bottom