• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Waveform Mach 17 3-way active speakers - want to take them off my hands? almost FREE

Old Listener

I've gotten new active studio monitor speakers and no longer have a use for the Waveform Mach 17 speakers I've used in my main system since ~1998. I'd prefer to have the speakers go to someone who will find a use for them as opposed to their going to a dump.

Three photos of the speakers and the room where they have been used.

https://naturelover.smugmug.com/Other/Library-music-system/

This review by Stereophile in 1996 contains a good description of the speakers.

https://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/697waveform/index.html

I'm in the San Francisco bay area of California. I'm looking for someone who will come to my home and take the speakers away. The speakers are too large and heavy to ship via UPS or FedEx. Each speakers separates into a 2 by 2 by 2.5 foot cabinet containing the 2 12 inch woofers (I'd guesz 80-90 pounds) and an egg shaped module (37 pounds). I also have the original packing materials and literature that came with the speakers.

The active crossover and its power supply are included. I'm also including a 6 channel ATI amplifier ~ 90 pounds). I've misplaced the power cord for ATI amp so you'd have to replace it and change the connector on the rear panel of the amp. (I'm keeping the 7 channel amp I've used to drive the Waveforms for the last couple of years.)

The Waveforms worked fine the last time I used them 1-2 weeks ago. The ATI amp. worked fine the last time I used it a few years ago. It is a high bias class AB design that produces quite a bit of heat.

I'm not asking for payment but if you find the speakers to be useful to use, a contribution to my favorite non-profit would be nice.

irwindlr

hi,is this still available. i know this has been a few months old thread. im really interested.

thank you very much

irwindlr

I replied via PM but I'll let everyone know that the Waveforms went to a young man who is getting good use from them. I gave him a 6 channel amp too so he got what he needed for free. I'm happy with the outcome.
thank you very much. I'm glad those speakers found a good home. I live in Chicago and I would have driven all the way to pick them up. Too bad I found your post too late.

Marvin8

I also live in Chicago, and would have could only IMAGINE driving out there to pick them up. I've been really intrigued by them ever since Peter Aczel (The Audio Critic) said they were the best speakers he's ever heard or measured. That carried a lot of weight with me at the time. Am glad they went to somebody who'll really appreciate them. He'll, I'd have been happy with just the eggs.

Top Bottom